Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Shortcut for loading plugins? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420190)

digifactory 05-12-2022 12:42 AM

Shortcut for loading plugins?

Hello@all,

I want to speed up my workflow and asking you if there is any keyboard shortcut for loading a specific plugin from the plugin-list. I tried to create different templates for different genres and did some track-presets already, but this is not the real deal within a production scenario because it needs several "mouse-clicks" as well.

I am using Loupedeck Live, which is great for multi actions. It would be very useful if I could assign a keyboard shortcut to my Loupedeck for loading a single plugin (e.g. cmd+shift+1 for loading U-He Diva). Then, I would be able to load my fav plugins (EQ/Comps/Verbs/Synths) by pushing different buttons on my loupedeck. Great result.

Is this possible? Any hints highly appreciated.

Best
Mike

PS: I am on PT 2022.4 already

Benny_Cha_Cha 05-12-2022 05:44 AM

Re: Shortcut for loading plugins?

Can be done with SoundFlow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank Kruse 05-12-2022 08:20 AM

You can recall plugins via window configs. The latter you can recall via Eucon or memory locations via your control pad. I do that via StreamDeck.

smurfyou 05-12-2022 08:40 AM

I also use window configs.

It's possible to do with Keyboard Maestro / Mac Automation but fussy and doesn't travel with you.

wwittman 05-12-2022 09:11 AM

Soundflow is the best answer (and for so much more as well)

I have a page on a Stream Deck with all of my most used plug ins, and not only is it a one button push instantiation but it does so on multiple selected tracks (even of differing 'widths') if desired

digifactory 05-13-2022 01:19 AM

Thank you @all for your answers. Soundflow is a massive app, never heard about that before.

Installed it and used the Plugin Script which works for me on my Loupedeck :)

Bad news that only Pro Tools Flex users get this tool "for free". I have to pay the subscription fee.

Btw: What is window configs?

Best
Mike

K Roche 05-13-2022 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digifactory (Post 2636905)
Thank you @all for your answers. Soundflow is a massive app, never heard about that before.

Installed it and used the Plugin Script which works for me on my Loupedeck :)

Bad news that only Pro Tools Flex users get this tool "for free". I have to pay the subscription fee.

Btw: What is window configs?

Best
Mike

Obviously having user defined session templates with the plugins you always use the the quickest and most efficient way What I do to make things quicker for plugs I often use but may not be in a template is have them in the the plug in "Favorites" list Which shows at the top of the plugin window

Cheesehead 05-13-2022 07:54 AM

Soundflow is a great product and much cheaper to subscribe to directly than get 'free' by being a Flex subscriber.:-)