Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 09-01-2002 01:49 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

"It made me want to get on a Harley and ride really fast with my chain saw whiping in the air. "
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pako,
I laughed out loud at that one... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Well, this came from toying with Harley Davidson samples. I realized a Harley motor is really a percussive sound, and I wanted to hear how it would sound to put some 'chugs' within a certain bpm, part of them controlled, and part of them natural.
Then I just wrote the rest around that idea, and added guitars to it.
For synth, I have one sound module which I milk for all it's worth...it's a Korg 01R/W, which I run from a 'slave' keyboard.
I don't think I'm finished with it, but for today I am... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pako 09-01-2002 03:29 PM

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Cool, right on.... I'm looking into some synth moduals and a controller to help in my "solo" creative endevours as it's hard to get the band into the studio when I have the urge to create.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 09-01-2002 06:17 PM

greenroom,
Nice, man... kinda hypnotic, very soothing in a cool way. I love the descending chords and sounds... I had a feeling your stuff would be really good. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

thanksroy

bi0force1 09-01-2002 09:27 PM

roy, i loved "burn", its awesome. you should get some grungy,scratchy vocals on that song....like a metallica "fuel" type of thing, not that it needs it but it would be different.

keep up the good work.

Rational Punk 09-01-2002 09:28 PM

Quote:

Rational Punk,
Very cool stuff. Did you do all of this yourself?
Chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Chris. Thanks for the compliment. Yep, all by my lonesome...I tried for a long time to find other musicians who wanted to do this sort of thing and eventually gave up and decided to do it myself. Unfortunately the Do-It-Yourself approach also caused me to divide my time for years between writing and learning enough of the technical side of things to produce recordings that at least sound passable. But I imagine many on the DUC can relate.

Over 1,000 posts in a single thread eh? I take it this is a test case. Glad to see the whole shebang didn't vanish into thin air!

Roy Howell 09-01-2002 10:01 PM

Rational Punk/Dave,
I almost missed your first post, but luckily I caught it...
I'm very impressed. I read some of your site info, and yes, I can hear a slight 'Rush' influence in parts of your arrangements, but you use it wisely, without overbearing your own unique style. Ayn Rand, eh?... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Very cool influence there as well; I really like your lyrics.
Thanks, and keep us posted with any new stuff we can hear. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

~Roy

p.s.Thanks, bi0force1... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

chriswebb 09-02-2002 12:15 AM

Rational Punk,
Very cool stuff. Did you do all of this yourself?
Chris

bi0force1 09-02-2002 12:37 AM

grrenroom robbed roy of the 1,000th spot, wheres the admin. i'm starting a protest!!!

Pako 09-02-2002 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rational Punk:
[QB]Great thread...a lot of interesting music being made out there.

A couple of "in-progress" mixes for the CD project I'm working on can be found at www.immovablemover.com
QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sounds great Dave! Being a primaraly a bassits, I really appreciate the active bass lines that are interesting to listen to yet still holds the foundation. Kudos to ya man and keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing more of your stuff.

~Peace~

(going to google now to look up "Gary Cooper") [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 09-02-2002 12:45 AM

Thanks greenroom for gettin us over the hump... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I was afraid the page would explode or sumpin. Thanks to everybody who's put his stuff on here, too.
Here's my new little chopper opera...

'Burn'
http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/

~rh [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]