Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Type 1,2,3 error when starting...help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=92304)

maxcap 12-23-2003 07:59 AM

Type 1,2,3 error when starting...help

Ahhh, been awhile.

So I recently got a Motor MIx. I thought everthing was cool. But now every time I try to open a session I get Type 1 2 and 3 errors.

I rebuilt the desktop..did the PRAM thing. Reinstalled OMS...now OMS isn't finding Digi 001.

Help if you can

Running OS 9.2 on a dual 450
ProTools LE v5.2.1

Styles Bitchly 12-23-2003 08:19 AM

Re: Type 1,2,3 error when starting...help

The type 1, 2, and 3 errors are usually associated with memory problems. You may try increasing the ram allocated to the application that is causing the problem. If that doesn't work, you probably have conflicting extensions. This has actually happened to me in the past. It took about two hours to resolve, but well worth it in the end. I turned off half the extensions, restarted, tried to duplicate the problem. If the problem still existed, I turned those extensions on again, and turned off the other half. Restarted, and the problem was gone. Then it was a matter of finding the extension causing the problem. A lot of turning on and off, and restarting, and duplicating the problem. It's a real pain in the kiester, but necessary. Good Luck.

maxcap 12-23-2003 08:46 AM

I'll give it a shot..I'm so frustrated, I seriously haven't had a major problem in over two years

thanks

Styles Bitchly 12-23-2003 09:07 AM

I'd be willing to bet you that some extension used with motormix is causing the problem - assuming of course that additional extensions/control panels have been installed in order to use it. The same thing happened to me when I installed Toast Titanium. I had type 2, and 3 errors all over the place. Once I disabled the extensions utilized by Toast I had no problems. Of course I couldn't use Toast anymore, but at least my PTLE was up and running again. I eventually loaded an upgrade for Toast and all was right again. Start with the motormix stuff first, and see where that gets you. Keep an accurate record of what you disabled, so you won't get mixed up when getting deeper into your troubleshooting. Good Luck.

maxcap 12-23-2003 09:23 AM

The funny thing is, if I launch from the SESSION, I get the error. If I launch ProTools, then the session, no problems.
I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in my extension set except for Appletalk , which was turned on, so I turned it off.

Maxcap

Styles Bitchly 12-23-2003 10:14 AM

It kind of reminds of that old joke: "Hey, doc, it hurts when I do this." And the doc replies, "Well, don't do that!"

I'm not trying to trivialize your problem, but at least you have a workaround for it. Believe me, I totally empathize with you on this one. I've spent hours upon hours troubleshooting stuff. The best investment I ever made was some software entitled "Mac Care Unit". It was a bundle of different applications that made finding and solving problems much easier. I understand it's been discontinued, but I believe there is a replacement that works just as well. Maybe a search would turn up some info. Sorry I wasn't of much help - I tried as best I could. Take care, and enjoy the holidays.

maxcap 12-24-2003 06:59 AM

Thanks Styles, happy holidays to you too.