Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   *******Fix for Apple Security Update bricking displays******* (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416306)

EddieJones 07-21-2021 09:23 PM

*******Fix for Apple Security Update bricking displays*******

UPDATE:
The fix is now officially released.

Sardi 07-21-2021 11:49 PM

Re: *******Don't install the new security update from Apple for Catalina or Mojave***

Bummer.

Did the update last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

francoischahut 07-22-2021 06:58 AM

Re: *******Don't install the new security update from Apple for Catalina or Mojave***

too late !!:( and same issue (mac pro 2012 - mojave)

djmichaelwenz 07-25-2021 04:53 PM

Yeah, my Artist Mix has yellow boxes now. I feel better knowing I am not alone in hopes this will get fixed quick.

hbabels 07-26-2021 05:00 PM

Yeah I wish I had seen this before updating, I'm in the same boat, Artist Mixes OLED displays are solid yellow. Surface seems to work otherwise, but not having the displays usable is a serious disability. Hope this get's resolved ASAP!!

EddieJones 07-26-2021 05:20 PM

We have a workaround prepared and have just heard back from Apple that they are looking into the issue too.

mozart 07-27-2021 08:36 AM

Ha!

no wonder! Mine are yellow squares, and I need them to mix!!!! :confused::(

Big Mother 07-27-2021 09:34 AM

Hey Eddie,
Little late for some of us, but wouldn't it be advantageous to have Alerts/Issues like this posted to the Technical Alerts section on the top of the DUC home page?
I would have most likely seen it there long before I would have in the Pro Mixing sub-section.
Hope all is well

Michael Hurwitz 07-27-2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2608889)
We have a workaround prepared and have just heard back from Apple that they are looking into the issue too.

I have the problem (yellow boxes) too - please advise what the work around or update is ASAP - I'm in the middle of a mix! Help!

hbabels 07-28-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2608889)

Any update on a timeline on this fix?? This has really hosed my workflow. Thanks for any help. -HB