Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Need "Tab to Marker" command (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=201978)

xbook 07-24-2007 07:06 AM

Need \"Tab to Marker\" command

Hello Digi,

Well being that there is no formal way to request features, I guess I'll jus twrite it up in here again.

Digidesign, please add a function to "Go To Next Marker". Even Final Cut Express has a command like that. Come on, get into this century. This is a command I have been asking for since v4. There are ways to get this done by either clicking in the ruler and hitting tab, or by typing each memory locator number, then pressing the period key, yeah yeah I get that. But sometimes you want to just "go to the next marker".

Digi Tech support, please get back to me on this one.

And oh yeah, PS where are Cue Sheets? When are you gonna take Cue Sheet printing for Protools seriously?

jre3132 07-24-2007 07:13 AM

Re: Need \"Tab to Marker\" command

Quote:

Well being that there is no formal way to request features, I guess I'll jus twrite it up in here again.

There's not? What about this.

xbook 07-24-2007 07:29 AM

Hey thanks, I didn't even see that was there....sent...

Steve MacMillan 07-24-2007 02:38 PM

How about tab to breakpoint? I could use that.

STeve

xbook 07-24-2007 05:32 PM

Yeah yeah, tab to breakpoint would be great. Hmm, again, something Apple has in one of their editing products, yet Digi doesn't have....hmmm.....

Irl Sanders 07-25-2007 03:15 PM

Dou you need a "command" or just the ability?

If you click in the marker track you can tab from marker to marker.

RobMacki 07-25-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

If you click in the marker track you can tab from marker to marker.

Yep.
Now what would be cool would be to be able to link edit select and marker together.

Andre Knecht 07-25-2007 04:51 PM

Sorry Rob, how would that differ from “Shift-Tab (in the ruler), followed by Shift-Click on the tracks that need editing”? Surely, I’m overlooking something.

Irl Sanders 07-25-2007 05:06 PM

Also, if you leave the memory locate window open, you can click (and shift-click) on the markers in there and jump to them or extend your selection

xbook 07-25-2007 05:37 PM

Irl,

Jason King here, thanks for the reply. I know you can get to markers in the ways that you describe. But, those are too cumbersome. I am asking Digi for a more streamlined way of being able to accomplish the task of locating to the next or previous marker. When you are in a 150+ track session and just trying to get to your next sync point, having to mouse over to the markers window, or move your cursor and go click in the ruler is not acceptable.

Just looking for a single keystroke to do this, Digi can you help us out? Or will we have to buy a D-Command to get this type of functionality?