Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   NI HTDM new details (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=22094)

peteri 11-14-2001 07:36 AM

NI HTDM new details

I've just had a very nice conversation with Stephan Spiller of Native Instruments, and I thought I'd pass on the information here.

Whilst this is the result of information relayed over the phone, I'm sure I won't cause any problems in sharing it, and it might clear up a few questions/save more of us hassling them:

1) The studio essentials bundle (which includes B4, Pro-52 and Battery) will ship sometime November (we all knew this I think)

2) The effects portion of the Pro-52 (the filters which must be played) and the B4 (the leslie) effect - will behave in the same manner as the current VST versions - meaning that external audio can be routed through them - very nice feature!

3) The initial version of Battery will only output to one stereo pair, although there is the ability to output to multiple channels available - this is untried at the moment so this will be included in a future release.

4) Absynth is currently being worked on, and if all goes well should be released in HTDM format sometime in January/February next year - although there is a lot of work being done in this version - so there is a fair chance of slippage - apparently there are a lot of potential hurdles coming up!

There not much news - but enough to justify the purchase for me, shame about Battery, but very excited about the filters/leslie effects!

And very, very pleased to be spending money on NI gear, very impressed that I can phone up and chat about things like this!

Cheers

Pete

JaredVogt 11-14-2001 10:26 AM

Re: NI HTDM new details

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by peteri:
I've just had a very nice conversation with Stephan Spiller of Native Instruments

3) The initial version of Battery will only output to one stereo pair, although there is the ability to output to multiple channels available - this is untried at the moment so this will be included in a future release.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a major bummer. I haven't yet figured out how to make SoftSampleCell do this either. For drums, it is essential - it is a real pain to have to create different "instances"/instantiations to get different outputs. How do we get a word back to NI letting them know how important this is?

Thanks,
Jared

Dutchmuzik 11-14-2001 01:06 PM

I was very excited to hear about NI last month at a DIGI Synth&Groove demo tourstop as well. I had just purchased Battery and Pro-52 with electrix soundset to use using direct connect. I have been very happy with it. I had assumed this would be any even "upgrade" path meaning getting the value of my 2 instruments towards this new RTAS/HTDM version. As far as my understanding the only difference is now I can route instances directly into audio tracks and master faders, instead of only aux tracks. Why then have my emails to NI not been returned I have sent three to their sales department. The only response I got from support was I would receive a $50.00 credit per instrument. So i just spent $400.00 and 4 weeks later it is worth $100.00 !!! If this was an upgrade path like DIGI or a version overhaul I would understand but all it does is finally make it compatable with ProTools they way it should be. Logic and Cubase have had this for awhile. Why do I get this feeling again that as a TDM user I have to pay more ? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

peteri 11-15-2001 12:28 AM

Slightly agree about the battery - however I wouldn't bother letting NI know - from my conversation with them, they are well aware that this is a primary requirement.

However, they said that the technology they will need to used is untried - so as they are the first to be releasing HTDM instruments they want to take it a step at time - they're a pretty damm fine company, so I wouldn't be too worried.

I'm puzzled about your SSC problems - all you need to do is:

Have a separate instrument (I hope this is the right term) for each sample - rather than having all the samples in one instrument.

You will then in the main SSC edit window (the one with the 'mixer' layout) be able to assign each drum sound to a different SSC output - and hence to another aux within PT.

Hope this helps - please let me know if not - easier to do than explain!

Cheers

Pete

In the main SSC edit window - the one where you can mute/solo channels and elect which Midi channel the instrument listen