Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   MPTK2 license disappeared? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298855)

marcel72 04-09-2011 06:34 PM

MPTK2 license disappeared?

Hello:

My Music Production Toolkit 2 license has inexplicably disappeared from my iLok. It doesn't show up when I view the licenses at ilok.com, and when I open PT with the iLok connected, I get the authorization pop-up. The other stuff that came bundled with the Toolkit is all there (BNR, Hybrid, Smack, etc). I've reinstalled the iLok client apps, too.

I tried to contact Avid to ask them about this, but it seems that I now have to buy an instance of support just to talk to them. I don't really feel like I should have to buy tech support just so they can re-send my license.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Best, Marcel

nst7 04-09-2011 09:45 PM

Re: MPTK2 license disappeared?

This would probably fall under Registration support, not technical support. Registration support is free. See the Avid contact page for what number to call.

HD2 04-09-2011 10:40 PM

Did you upgrade to PT9? If so it probably disappeared because it's features are included in PT9.

sunburst79 04-09-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD2 (Post 1780426)
Did you upgrade to PT9? If so it probably disappeared because it's features are included in PT9.

It should still be on the iLok.

marcel72 04-09-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunburst79 (Post 1780432)
It should still be on the iLok.

I did upgrade one of our systems to PT9, but it was still on the iLok after that upgrade (3 or 4 months ago). I had to surrender the PT8 license for that system in order to get upgrade pricing, but I was not under the impression that I would lose the MPTK2 license when buying the CPTK. And like I said, it was still on the iLok following that transaction.

I'm trying to use it on a (home, edit) system that is still running PT8.

@nst7: Thanks, I will scout around for Registration Support contact info.

Best, Marcel

HD2 04-10-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel72 (Post 1780445)
I was not under the impression that I would lose the MPTK2 license when buying the CPTK. And like I said, it was still on the iLok following that transaction.

I'm trying to use it on a (home, edit) system that is still running PT8.

@nst7: Thanks, I will scout around for Registration Support contact info.

Best, Marcel

If you used it to get upgrade pricing for CPTK2 then it would probably surrender the MPTK2 license

marcel72 04-11-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD2 (Post 1780803)
If you used it to get upgrade pricing for CPTK2 then it would probably surrender the MPTK2 license

It did not. I submitted a registration/activation support request to Avid and they redeposited the license on my iLok.

Thanks all for your comments!

Best, Marcel