Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Waves V14 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420663)

audiolex1 06-21-2022 08:57 PM

Waves V14

Anyone see Waves went to V14 and It supports only 3 Mac OS's

10.15.7, up to 12.13.1. Also noticed that i7/Xeon-N/Silicone.

I know many of us are still on 10.14.6 and with the 12 core 5,1's.

While AVID has technically stopped testing 10.14.6 (should work fine), Waves makes no mention of this.

Anyone tried in in their current 5,1 setup 10.14.6 config? Or is it just v13 until 10.15 or Mac Pro/Studio/Mini upgrade?

WorldStudios 06-21-2022 11:01 PM

Re: Waves V14

I think it still works in Mojave provided you have a metal compatible graphics card. But don’t take my word for it.

Stephen Bond 06-22-2022 05:23 AM

I saw the V14. Waves are dragging their heels as far as I am concerned.

https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes

If everything was updated with hi-res graphics, mix knobs and the other improvements then I would have WUPed already. As it is there are just a handful of plugins which have been updated.

New Mix and Trim knobs added to API 2500, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, Renaissance Compressor and SSL G-Master Buss Compressor.

New: Selected plugins now have hi-res HiDPI graphic interfaces: Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain, API 2500, API 550, API 650, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, F6, OVox, PuigTec EQs.

Waves need to up their game! There's got to be at least 250 Waves plugins so I don't want to wait decades for everything to come up to current standards. Neither do I want to pay £140 for each WUP to get a handful of plugins updated and bugfixes.

Stephen

simon.a.billington 06-23-2022 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2640045)
I saw the V14. Waves are dragging their heels as far as I am concerned.

https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes

If everything was updated with hi-res graphics, mix knobs and the other improvements then I would have WUPed already. As it is there are just a handful of plugins which have been updated.

New Mix and Trim knobs added to API 2500, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, Renaissance Compressor and SSL G-Master Buss Compressor.

New: Selected plugins now have hi-res HiDPI graphic interfaces: Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain, API 2500, API 550, API 650, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, F6, OVox, PuigTec EQs.

Waves need to up their game! There's got to be at least 250 Waves plugins so I don't want to wait decades for everything to come up to current standards. Neither do I want to pay £140 for each WUP to get a handful of plugins updated and bugfixes.

Stephen

Yeah thats true. But remember that, besides working on new plugins, they seem to be spending most of their time dealing with big changes introduced by the OS. If you look at the supported hosts and DAWs, thats alot of things to test and fix. It all takes time.

But I do wish there were more plugins with HiDPI interfaces, and assorted added features.

Stephen Bond 06-23-2022 09:47 AM

My last WUP was $160 (£130) from AudioDeluxe back in June 2020. Trouble is things haven't moved on much from V12 back then.

We received five hi res plugins with V12:
SSL E-Channel
SSL E-EQSSL
G-ChannelSSL
G-Master Buss Compressor
Waves Tune Real-Time

Three with V13:
Abbey Road RS124
Scheps Omni Channel
Kaleidoscopes.

Now with V14 ten more:
Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain
API 2500
API 550
API 650
CLA-2A
CLA-3A
CLA-76
F6
OVox
PuigTec EQs

I don't want to pay £15 per plugin for sensible graphics, a mix knob and bug fixes. I love the plugins but Waves need a bit of a reality check, especially with the current prices of two plugins for $50 etc.

Stephen

WorldStudios 06-24-2022 12:47 AM

I agree that it is reasonable to expect a full makeover of the product line with regards to graphics and perhaps even additional functionality.

I have tested Maxx Volume v14 and it looks the same and works the same as ever. BUT, on my system it doesn’t recall the user settings when I instanciate it. I have set all parameters in the pro tools toolbar several times. It still defaults to factory settings. Is anyone else seeing this problem with v14? V13 worked fine. Has anybody found a solution?

nedd 06-24-2022 01:03 AM

I am seeing exactly the same problem. tried so many times to push it to user default but it always get back to the factory, empty setting. Definitely a bug and very shamefull on new V release.

nedd 06-24-2022 04:17 AM

To add even more negative discoveries with Waves V14
I started getting a lot of video engine errors, it would stop, crash with unrecoverable error...had to restart the system in order for my BM Decklink card to become visible to the computer. Checked cables, connections, Sync HD, drivers...then uninstalled V14, restarted and for the last two hours not a single error, it flies like before updating waves yesterday.
So stay away from V14 for now. This could also be Mac studio ultra/M1/Monterey 12.4 specific trouble...but this was my experience.

mattrixx 06-24-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedd (Post 2640228)
To add even more negative discoveries with Waves V14
I started getting a lot of video engine errors, it would stop, crash with unrecoverable error...had to restart the system in order for my BM Decklink card to become visible to the computer. Checked cables, connections, Sync HD, drivers...then uninstalled V14, restarted and for the last two hours not a single error, it flies like before updating waves yesterday.
So stay away from V14 for now. This could also be Mac studio ultra/M1/Monterey 12.4 specific trouble...but this was my experience.

Mmmm, that's interesting. I am not experiencing these problems and on the same machine OS etc.

wwittman 06-24-2022 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2640116)

I don't want to pay £15 per plugin for sensible graphics, a mix knob and bug fixes. I love the plugins but Waves need a bit of a reality check, especially with the current prices of two plugins for $50 etc.

and also dropping Mojave compatibility, for no actual discernible reason