Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Logic Logic Logic Logic ?????? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=34379)

10-14-1999 06:16 PM

Logic Logic Logic Logic ??????

My partner uses Logic I use PT. What are our chances of running Logic Audio with a 001 interface upon 001's release?

Jules

Digi Engineering 10-14-1999 07:49 PM

Re: Logic Logic Logic Logic ??????

I think it will work right at release but may not support all of the Digi001's features.
-Mike Rockwell

10-15-1999 02:32 AM

Such as?, (20,000 Logic users hold thier breath)
Thanks
Jules

Digi Engineering 10-15-1999 01:40 PM

Your best bet is to check with Emagic. I really don't know for sure.
Sorry,
Mike Rockwell

ACIDCHAOS3 10-16-1999 01:06 AM

Hi,

If you check on www.logicuser.com, you'll see that the upcoming update for logic audio in November will have direct support for the Digi001 via Direct I/O.

Peter Price
Moving Twilight
@Brooklyn, NY
[email protected]

10-17-1999 05:49 AM

I checked and found no record. Would you be so kind as to copy and past the info here for us all? Thanks a lot
Jules

ACIDCHAOS3 10-17-1999 01:44 PM

Sorry..the URL is actually www.logicuser.net.
Here's a copy of it as well as a post from Harmony Central News.

Emagic New Technologies Update.
10th October 1999

ReWire support is scheduled to be included in the next Logic subrelease that is now expected to be available later this month. Emagic have also stated that they will be providing support for the new Digidesign Digi001 hardware via Direct I/O, and SoundScape 2.0 support. ADAT sync support is also planned for sometime in November.

Emagic to support new technologies in future subrelease.
10th September 1999

Logic Audio will support the new Velocity Engine of the recently introduced Power Mac G4 models in a future subrelease. This will result in greater performance of plug-ins coupled with a noticeable improvement in the overall performance of the program itself.
ReWire support is to be included in the next Logic subrelease, ReWire technology will allow Logic and ReBirth, Propellerhead's software synth, to cooperate.
VST 2.0 support is planned for the end of 1999. The New VST 2.0 Plug-in specification allows plug-ins to receive MIDI events, sample accurate timing information, as well as providing increased flexibility defining connection configurations

Logic Audio Update Preview (10/10/99)
Emagic has released some details on what to expect in upcoming free updates to the Logic Audio 4.0 series. Planned features include ReWire support (due this month), ADAT sync support (planned for November), Rocket Network integration, support of Digidesign's Digi001 hardware via Direct I/O, and SoundScape 2.0 support