Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone use a CME UF8??? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=221531)

Nigel Dams 05-13-2008 04:00 AM

Anyone use a CME UF8???

Hi, I'm using a CME UF8 and I've come to this forum because the CME forum doesn't answer my question, the CME manuals are useless and their support is worse. I don't know how to alter the range of the pitch bend wheel from its default of four semitones. Can anyone help?

sureno 05-13-2008 12:21 PM

Re: Anyone use a CME UF8???

hey quite frankly you wont get an answer here as its not pro tools related but i got one too, worst thing iv EVER bought. as its not a synth and just a controller i would of imagined you alter the parameters of the pitch wheel through the actual sound module be it soft or hard

Nigel Dams 05-13-2008 12:59 PM

Well, thanks for responding . . . I don't think it's the worst thing I've EVER bought, I mean those Sony cordless headphones were worse Why do you think it's so poor?

EGS 05-13-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

...worst thing iv EVER bought. as its not a synth and just a controller...

Sorry you didn't know that prior to purchase. For those needing a weighted, hammer-action 88-key MIDI-controller (no on-board sounds), the CME UF8 is a great piece, IMHO. Pianists love the touch. To the original poster, I think pitch wheel amount would be adjusted from the sound module or VI, but I'm not positive on that. Anybody?

Slim Shady 05-13-2008 01:03 PM

CME has a pretty bad reputation for both poor USB drivers and generally poor craftsmanship. Don't be surprised if all the black keys on your board start only broadcasting at velocity=127, that's generally the first thing to go, but other things might start falling apart before you even get that far. My main advice would be, once it's set up, don't ever move it, and definitely do not think of using for any kind of live gig situation, the jostling around of travel seems to trigger the disintegration more quickly than if you just leave it be.

EGS 05-13-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

CME has a pretty bad reputation for both poor USB drivers and generally poor craftsmanship. Don't be surprised if all the black keys on your board start only broadcasting at velocity=127, that's generally the first thing to go, but other things might start falling apart before you even get that far. My main advice would be, once it's set up, don't ever move it, and definitely do not think of using for any kind of live gig situation, the jostling around of travel seems to trigger the disintegration more quickly than if you just leave it be.

Wow, that's quite a slam. Have you personally had problems with a CME product? Mine's been a workhourse so far. The USB drivers have been fixed - that's an older issue.

sureno 05-13-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, that's quite a slam. Have you personally had problems with a CME product? Mine's been a workhourse so far. The USB drivers have been fixed - that's an older issue.

they are IMHO the worst i have used, drivers, templates and support, they are more than useless when it comes to support i would love to sell mine but after having paid under £500 and the price now dropping by more than %50 since the release of of the UF80 id be shafted twice if i where to take the lose, so mine just sits in the corner as a back up, but thats it for me no more moaning as i believe this is going way off from the original post. if your CME works glad to hear it

Nigel Dams 05-14-2008 12:37 AM

Well, thanks for all the posts . . . I guess I need to figure out how to change the pitch bend in Miro Philharmonik . . .