Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   DIGI ASIO DRIVER PROBLEM WITH FL 8 "Not Enough ASIO output channels available. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=245287)

scottthafoo 05-02-2009 11:59 PM

DIGI ASIO DRIVER PROBLEM WITH FL 8 "Not Enough ASIO output channels available.

I'm trying to record audio from my Roland Fantom XR sound module into FL8 using midi & audio with my M-Box 2. Every time I select Digi Asio Driver in the FL8 mixer it brings up a prompt that says

"Error While Creating ASIO Driver"

then another prompt says

"Not Enough ASIO output channels available. At least 2 Channels are needed"

What could be creating this conflict?

Any help other than reinstall both would help! I've reinstalled askes Image-Line and FL8 forums. Nobody knows. You guys never let me down!

jstar 05-19-2009 03:03 PM

Re: DIGI ASIO DRIVER PROBLEM WITH FL 8 "Not Enough ASIO output channels available.

it says the same thing for me im just trying to record with my condenser mic but yet that same thing comes up nd its been like that for months now...sighs...:confused:

DigiTechSupt 05-19-2009 05:35 PM

Re: DIGI ASIO DRIVER PROBLEM WITH FL 8 "Not Enough ASIO output channels available.

Do you possibly have Digi hardware selected in the Sounds and Audio Devices panel? That may prevent the ASIO driver from loading - if the MME driver has control of the hardware, other applications won't be able to use it.

md2802 08-28-2009 08:37 PM

Scottthafoo,

I had the same problem for ages... if you go to where you installed Pro Tools and there should be a folder there called "Drivers" (C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers) there should be a file there called "DigiDriver". run it and click "install". when it finnished i was able to use my mbox with fl8 again.

hope it helps

niconene 09-17-2009 07:04 AM

Thank you for that answer, you´ve fixed my humor towards this M-Box. Now I can not only use it with FL 8, but also with reason, Audition, and so on.

Thanks again

eliyahu 03-11-2010 07:40 PM

DIGI ASIO DRIVER PROBLEM WITH FL 9 "Not Enough ASIO output channels available.

Hey..

I am running FL 9 on Mac OSX with Parallels and want to use the MBox 2 as a driver. When I open up Audio options in FL9, The Digidesign Driver is present but I keep getting this message "Not Enough ASIO output channels available. At Least 2 Channels are needed." Then it appears to be disabled. How Can I change this so that I can use the MBox as a Driver? Anyone?

Shan 03-11-2010 07:57 PM

Re: DIGI ASIO DRIVER PROBLEM WITH FL 9 "Not Enough ASIO output channels available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliyahu (Post 1570660)
Hey..

I am running FL 9 on Mac OSX with Parallels and want to use the MBox 2 as a driver. When I open up Audio options in FL9, The Digidesign Driver is present but I keep getting this message "Not Enough ASIO output channels available. At Least 2 Channels are needed." Then it appears to be disabled. How Can I change this so that I can use the MBox as a Driver? Anyone?

ASIO in OSX? Don't you mean CoreAudio?

Shane

eliyahu 03-11-2010 09:10 PM

No. It says ASIO. When I open FL 9 and go to option Audio settings, it says the Digidesign Driver is present but it is disabled..

Shan 03-11-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliyahu (Post 1570724)
No. It says ASIO. When I open FL 9 and go to option Audio settings, it says the Digidesign Driver is present but it is disabled..

I just re-read your post and noticed you are running it in a VM so I'm not sure if this will even work. What you want to look for in FL is the DigiASIO driver, not the regular ASIO driver.

Shane

eliyahu 03-11-2010 09:29 PM

Re: DIGI ASIO DRIVER PROBLEM WITH FL 9 "Not Enough ASIO output channels available.

I have The ASIO Digidesign Driver selected and it appears to be disabled. If you have any recommendations it would surely help? Thanks in advance...