Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Dynamic Transport Loop Playback doesn't properly adjust to new bounds (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404551)

XJENSEN 05-09-2019 11:57 AM

Dynamic Transport Loop Playback doesn't properly adjust to new bounds

Another new feature that breaks known behaviour. Seems hard for these guys to hit first time right.

Yes... I already filed a first bug report regarding loop playback in dynamic transport.

When reducing the loop selection to a point before the current playhead position, the audio plays on past the loop selection and doesn't properly adjust to the new loop bounds.

Very annoying, because this worked in the past. Yes, with a glitch, but I largely prefer that!

bartosz idzi 05-09-2019 12:17 PM

Re: Dynamic Transport Loop Playback doesn't properly adjust to new bounds

Works here, albeit with a slight pause in sound when adjusting to new range. Did you do the usual - trashing preferences/etc?

bartosz idzi 05-09-2019 12:19 PM

Confirmed not working.

XJENSEN 05-09-2019 12:29 PM

Gets even worse. PT seems to completely forget your current loop selection, even if you stop and restart playback. You have to manually re-highlight your selection to re-enable proper loop playback. Sigh.

LDS 05-09-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJENSEN (Post 2524556)
Gets even worse. PT seems to completely forget your current loop selection, even if you stop and restart playback. You have to manually re-highlight your selection to re-enable proper loop playback. Sigh.

Have you checked to see if "Link timeline and edit selection" is checked under the options dropdown menu?

XJENSEN 05-12-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDS (Post 2524611)
Have you checked to see if "Link timeline and edit selection" is checked under the options dropdown menu?

Very good point and thanks for suggesting it! I can confirm that selections are indeed correctly linked.

Avid support is having a hard time admitting the bug and responded to me that engineering states this is actually intended behaviour, which I simply cannot believe/accept. Trying to convince them now with a screen recording that shows the issue.

Note that this was actually working very well before, albeit with a glitch, but the new behaviour is completely different (and unusable, as far as I'm concerned). I really wonder why no-one even spotted this during beta testing.

XJENSEN 10-05-2019 05:01 AM

Today, I noticed that when you open a Session that has a selection stored and Dynamic Transport enabled, it doesn't catch up properly with that selection, even if Link Timeline and Edit Selection is enabled. It just starts from the beginning of the Session, every time again. Even disabling/enabling Link Timeline and Edit Selection doesn't solve it.

jegeizuaou 10-07-2019 06:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

Found this back when the new update came out, I think there are some threads about it here and potentially elsewhere. Avid has come out and said that this was an intended change...for what possible reason I have no clue, but the "incorrect behaviour" you are noticing is apparently a purposeful change that they have made.

I have made requests/protests saying that there should at least be a preference to toggle this behaviour, but I suspect this goes deeper into the non interrupting playback feature they have been trying to stabilize for sometime now. So, no, you are not crazy, and no, this is not ideal, and yes, this is something Avid knows about AFAIK...do they see the disruption in the workflow they have created.....:rolleyes: