Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Does Quick keys work on a 001 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=48435)

Chompers 09-11-2002 08:51 PM

Re: Does Quick keys work on a 001

Are you confusing "Quickeyes" with the command focus mode of a TDM system?
Quickeyes is a third party product that you install yourself and assign commands to keystrokes.
I use the **** out of Quickeyes!
Ive got at least 20 shortcuts programmed for LE alone.
I dont know how people get along with out Quickeyes.
I save MUCH time and stress with Quickeyes even in the Mac's finder.

remote 09-12-2002 12:42 AM

Does Quick keys work on a 001

I use a Mix system at work, but I've never tried Quick Keys on an Le system. Does it work.

Anyone know how to use TDM keystrokes on a LE system? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but it never suprises me what people come up with.
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

davidp158 09-12-2002 12:49 AM

Check out the interview with Buddy Miller in the Digizine page on the Digidesign site. He discusses using QuicKeys with ProTools. He uses an HD system, but I think QuicKeys would work with PTLE.

http://www.digidesign.com/digizine/p...uddy/index.cfm

dave patterson / knobville

remote 09-12-2002 08:30 AM

I know that you can't use the TDM keystrocks with an LE system. (Stupid limitation by the way.)
Can you program quick keys to do some of the TDM shortcuts? If so I'm sold.

Rail Jon Rogut 09-12-2002 10:09 AM

Yes, but they'll get in your way... Say you program the R key to change zoom level -- now if you try and enter a track name with the letter R.. you're in trouble. It's not worth the hassle.

Rail

moosemaster 09-12-2002 11:10 AM

what, like, guita or dums or stings or snae?
cash cymbal? ide?
don't see the poblem, pesonally.

remote:'I know that you can't use the TDM keystrocks with an LE system. (Stupid limitation by the way.)'

more to the point:
quick keys won't get us certain editing functions.

again, Digi,
As I live and breathe----
***The 'p' and the ';'***
I'll pay. I'll wash your dog on Tuesdays.

Larbabe 09-12-2002 11:52 AM

Chompers said "Quickeyes is a third party product that you install yourself and assign commands to keystrokes.
I use the **** out of Quickeyes!
Ive got at least 20 shortcuts programmed for LE alone.
I dont know how people get along with out Quickeyes.
I save MUCH time and stress with Quickeyes even in the Mac's finder."

Hey Chompers: Can you provide me with the link for Quickeyes? I'm very interested!!!

Larbabe 09-12-2002 02:26 PM

I found the link. I think what Chompers was referring to was Quickeys X. It sells for around $80.00 and you can download a demo, which I'm going to do.

www.cesoft.com/products/qkx.html

TXDigi 09-12-2002 07:40 PM

QK's has been an invaluable tool for me. A few years back there were very few shortcut keys built in to PT but over the years Digi has added many more especially with focus mode in TDM. But for my 001 at home i can still get alot of the shortcuts w/ QK's. I dont make in shortcuts using single letters but instead combinations. Bounce to disk doesn't have a keystroke but QK makes an easy Clt+B.... done. How about the list of audiosuite plug's that extend for ever..... keystrokes to either select individual plugs or hold a combo of keys and a popup menu appears right on screen for you to simply select from your most populat audiosuite plugs.

QK's also does sequences of mundane tasks. How about 1 keystroke to change Ch 1-2 input from analog to digital and back. It happens so fast there is no pause time.

Severe 09-12-2002 10:58 PM

Wow.

Ill have to put it on my christmas list.