Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Leopard info (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=219032)

vboombatz 04-01-2008 04:09 PM

Leopard info

Digi staff,

Your last communiqué on the topic was 3/5. Could you please provide an update?
Thanks.

leonardrock 04-01-2008 04:49 PM

Re: Leopard info

+1

Nearly 30 days since....

Jussi 04-01-2008 05:12 PM

Well that was the one week Digi has been active.

vboombatz 04-02-2008 08:18 PM

Dear Digi,
I'm politely asking for a little info. No rants, slams, or whine.
Some candor might go a long way.
Thanks.

iMartin 04-03-2008 12:29 AM

I feel it will take just as long time until we can use PT under Leopard that it took OS X to mature enough to use it in professional audio work :-/

But I feel the frustration too, I have a Powerbook 1.25Ghz with tiger that hardly can do serious sessions and a mac pro with Leopard waiting to do some heavy lifting. Right now I do that with Logic Pro instead

Let go that it will take time to fix the problems with PT but couldn´t DIGI release a Leopard-compatible version of core audio driver? It would make at least the hardware useful in Leopard for now...

tpthai2 04-03-2008 06:52 AM

Many of us are in the specific situation of having a new MacPro waiting for the Leopard LE
update. Some, like me, with projects scheduled. We know Digi is working on it but yes, it would
be a good thing to simply drop a note to your loyal customers Digi. Don't forget Digi, we are with you, loyal to the product and the best sales force you will ever have.

PD3 04-03-2008 09:37 AM

I got the standalone hardware driver 7.4 working for the Digi 002 and Logic Express on the second install in Leopard 10.5.2. Don't know why it didn't work first time but very stable now as long as no other apps that require it are running before booting Logic.

Impressed with Logic's handling of CPU on MacBook Pro. Especially after error messages every few minutes from PT on Powerbook G4. Digi must be losing a lot of people to Logic, particularly new Mac buyers. I'm nearly one of them.

News please Digi on ETA of Leopard LE?

mjteix 04-03-2008 11:56 AM

If anything, I'd like to know if Digi is actually trying to make PT LE work on a current version of Leopard (10.5.0/.1/.2) and if so which one, or, as we've been told Digi is working WITH Apple on that, on a new version of Leopard 10.5.3/.4/.5... We know Apple has been seeding builds of 10.5.3 already.

amil333 04-03-2008 12:13 PM

I would say, hang tight until this Monday the 7th. It's a decent guess (thanks to someone on this forum) that we may see something because McDSP announced they will be releasing Leopard compatible versions of their plugins for HD and LE on that day. They actually said the would release them "BY the 7th" in an email sent to registered users (such as myself), which also may indicate that they expect Digi to release something that day.

But it's just a wild guess. I'm gonna wait to see what happens next week. If it's still tumbleweeds blowin' around, I may also check out Logic for a bit.

Amil

nedorama 04-03-2008 03:40 PM

I don't know if McDSP's announcement is all that meaningful - AAS has released Leopard-compatible updates for their line (Tassman, Lounge Lizard) and yet not tied to the PTLE update. Same with URS, Waves, etc. Unfortunately, not Native Instruments...
I think plugins that are multi-platform (RTAS, VST, AU) are updating, and whether or not RTAS leopard compatibility is updated significantly I don't know. But I won't be holding my breath until Monday.

It would be nice to have a monthly update from Digi on this to comment on progress; as much as can be shared would be appreciated. I'm waiting for the announcement of Leopard compatibility to upgrade to a new Mac Pro.