Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Slate VCC for Mac RTAS Out (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=296652)

Carl Lie 03-11-2011 06:18 PM

Slate VCC for Mac RTAS Out

It looks like VCC for RTAS (mac) is ready for download.

Any takers??

Carl

Dism 03-11-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Lie (Post 1764777)
It looks like VCC for RTAS (mac) is ready for download.

Any takers??

Carl

Workin good over here so far.

Kinda disappointed that it hasn't come with the two extra consoles they were talking about, but hopefully we will see them soon.

nst7 03-11-2011 09:31 PM

Re: Slate VCC for Mac RTAS Out

What were the other 2 consoles supposed to be?

Dism 03-12-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nst7 (Post 1764849)
What were the other 2 consoles supposed to be?

There was supposed to be another emulated console, and then a "custom" VCC only console.

RaySoul 03-12-2011 02:45 PM

I don't know. Seen the new thread over at GS? Starting to look like the last beta thread...

Carl Lie 03-12-2011 07:21 PM

Yeah. I've been reading some bad stuff.

A lot of hype for a long time. Doesn't sound ready for prime time.

Hopefully now that they took the step they'll be forced to work it out.

Carl

Dism 03-12-2011 07:49 PM

Yeah, it's hogging on the CPU.

I went back to the beta. :o

Now I'm glad the new version doesn't have any added features, cuz it's not definitely not ready.

RaySoul 03-12-2011 07:52 PM

Yeah. I really would like to see them get this right. It seems like such a promising concept. I also feel like it is an additional setback for them to require an ilok2 to just demo it. They had a well protected demo when they first released the beta, and it was ilok1. That's another reason I won't get to it for a while. I simply don't need one right now. I've got three iloks. Only one is almost full, one is half and the last is completely empty. They are offering an ilok2 with purchase, but of course that means I have to 'buy it to try it'. People are saying it sounds good, but I'd like to form my own opinion about that before I shell out. Not to mention the power issue, and other dramas...

Dism 03-12-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaySoul (Post 1765254)
Yeah. I really would like to see them get this right. It seems like such a promising concept. I also feel like it is an additional setback for them to require an ilok2 to just demo it. They had a well protected demo when they first released the beta, and it was ilok1. That's another reason I won't get to it for a while. I simply don't need one right now. I've got three iloks. Only one is almost full, one is half and the last is completely empty. They are offering an ilok2 with purchase, but of course that means I have to 'buy it to try it'. People are saying it sounds good, but I'd like to form my own opinion about that before I shell out...

Yeah, I'm glad I got the early discount and the 2.5 beta (and an ilok2!), cuz it actually runs pretty well with only a few issues that can be easily worked around. No crashes, pretty easy on CPU and sounds great.

I'm really hopeful for the future of this product, but it's a shame the initial release is so sketchy. At least the included iLok2 is a show of good faith.

RaySoul 03-12-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dism (Post 1765256)
... pretty easy on CPU...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dism (Post 1765251)
Yeah, it's hogging on the CPU.

I went back to the beta. :o

Now I'm glad the new version doesn't have any added features, cuz it's not definitely not ready.

I don't mean to be prickly, but which is it? 'Cause I'm hearing people with some really powerful computers say it's a real hog. And I see in your sig you're using a laptop...