Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ProControl Stand/ Desk in pic... help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=57405)

patt 01-18-2002 10:59 AM

ProControl Stand/ Desk in pic... help

Ok... so this question might be a bit frivolous but necessary from where I am sitting....

The picture of the ProControl when one clciks to 'Products' then clicks to 'ProTools/ HD' displays a stand I don't think I have seen before but am very interested in finding out who the manufacturer is. I am rebuilding 5 rooms at my studio and the low profile stand would be perfect for us.
Anyone (Digi?) know who makes those stands and where to purchase?

or

Does anyone know of any other low profile stands/ tables that have a high tech look?

The Argosy and Omnirax solutions are just way to honkin big and not that elegant as far as I am concerned.

Sound Anchors comes very close but are also very expensive comparitively.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

PTPerson 01-18-2002 02:08 PM

Re: ProControl Stand/ Desk in pic... help

I too am interested, It looks like a QuikLok stand, Digi?

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Avid 01-18-2002 03:10 PM

I'll check with some folks that would know when they get back from NAMM. I think it might be from someone locally in the SF Bay Area that made a few custom versions for us. Not sure if they are commercially available. At least that's what we were using a couple of years ago, back when I was on the trade show crew and had to put them together and take them apart.

Bruce

acesfull 01-19-2002 04:59 PM

Add me to the list---I'm interested as well, although I've been making a list of why Argosy might be the way to go:

1-hides wires & cables
2-has a meter bridge cover to set monitors on
3-expandable, in case I buy another fader pk
4-padded arm rest
5-producer desk
6-rack area
7-makes it look more "studio like" for client

I priced Sound Anchors, and by the time you add in all the options, you're approaching the price of Argosy, and you get none of the above!!!!

PTLance 01-20-2002 03:07 PM

I've got an Argosy for our Pro Control and one for our Control 24. They look great. They are expandable. And they are made of wood so you can easily customize them for your taste. IMHO well worth the money and gives a very professional look. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

acesfull 01-22-2002 05:50 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Digidesign:
I'll check with some folks that would know when they get back from NAMM. I think it might be from someone locally in the SF Bay Area that made a few custom versions for us. Not sure if they are commercially available. At least that's what we were using a couple of years ago, back when I was on the trade show crew and had to put them together and take them apart.

Bruce
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Bruce---please check as to who made those stands for the PROCONTROL in the pictures on this website.

thanks

PDupre 01-22-2002 01:10 PM

I asked in another thread. Please add me to the list of interested parties.

Seller 01-23-2002 05:17 AM

Multiple Quick lock stands....even the color matches...that is what I use ....and looks almost like picture...they may be Quick loc

Barnaby Bristol 01-23-2002 02:42 PM

Is this stand that is also on the Mix 2002 Master Directory. Very slick looking.

I've been considering a console from Nashville Sound and Supply, the same folks who make the IsoBox™. It's a wood job, but unlike Argosy and Omniwax, is doesn't need to be such a big thing. And it's made of wood.

Avid 01-23-2002 03:31 PM

Hi folks,

I spoke with the maker of these metal ProControl stands. About 30 have been custom built for users, including a few for Digidesign. They told me that if anyone is interested in these, they are welcome to contact them directly:

Zack Smith [email protected]

(located in San Francisco)