Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Monterey is now available (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417511)

Obsidian Dragon 10-26-2021 12:20 AM

Monterey is now available

I just saw that MacOS 12.0 Monterey is out. Any early adopters? I'm pretty stable right now and hesitant to mess things up at the moment. I need to run out and get another external SSD for cloning my system before taking the jump. I'm still on an Intel Mac. I also saw MacOS 11.6.1 is out too (or did I miss that earlier)

BCnSTL 10-26-2021 06:06 AM

Re: Monterey is now available

Installed Monterey on a MacBook Air M1 - Pro Tools hangs on launch when scanning plugins. Womp womp womp.

Sardi 10-26-2021 06:15 AM

Day 1 of release?

Damn! You guys are keen. [emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCnSTL 10-26-2021 07:28 AM

I have another older machine.

Pro Tools 2021.7 will load if I clear the plug-in directory - some plug-in or another is causing the problem. Any tips for identifying the culprit?

JFreak 10-26-2021 07:53 AM

I have Monterey here on fully loaded M1 mac mini. No problems that were not there in Big Sur.

gives 10-26-2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2616997)
Day 1 of release?

Damn! You guys are keen. [emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed! HaHa!!

JFreak 10-26-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gives (Post 2617009)
Indeed! HaHa!!

Well obviously if you need to have glitch free experience day in day out, be sure you have a good Intel-based computer and a clean install of Catalina on it.

In my case though, I am between projects and there are couple of studios and freelancers that need my input about Apple Silicon and newer operating systems. So I for now am glad just testing things with old sessions.

Yesterday (day one) there were some glitches, but I am pretty sure it was because Spotlight was indexing extensively. Today (day two) those glitches were gone.

BCnSTL 10-26-2021 08:48 AM

Looks like I may need to do a Clean Install. I really don't want to because I'm lazy and I don't love the idea of spending hours and hours downloading and installing software but it's either that or use my much weaker intel based system.

Ben Jenssen 10-26-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCnSTL (Post 2617016)
Looks like I may need to do a Clean Install. I really don't want to because I'm lazy and I don't love the idea of spending hours and hours downloading and installing software but it's either that or use my much weaker intel based system.

Just do it, I say.
I've been using OS clean install on macs since OSX came out, and I have never been disappointed with the result, for both PT performance and general stability. Always been worth the effort.

lucas f. 10-26-2021 01:01 PM

Anyone on 2021.3 , using the video engine on am m1 mac mini made the monterrey jump?

Envoyé de mon SM-G960F en utilisant Tapatalk