Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

MikeD 03-05-2002 08:04 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

I'll try this one more time, but this time I'll put one of my own songs up for the first time.

I play guitar and sing backups and my wife is on lead vox.

Our band's name is Swim and the the song is called "Just Walk Away"

Swim - Just Walk Away

Thanks for listening [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike

Bastiaan 03-05-2002 05:09 PM

Last weekend i tried to do some live recordings to Adat. Here's the first song. It is a draft-version merely to check out how it worked and i was pleasantly surprised wich what i got. Its mixed in under an hour....

Empty Arms

Let me know what you think!

MikeD 03-05-2002 08:08 PM

Hey Bastiaan, cool Straty guitar tone. I like the live feel. Definitely feels like the whole band is right there with you. About the only thing I'd change is put a little more kick in the mix. Other than that, I like it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Threnody 03-06-2002 01:34 AM

Jorge,

I know what you mean, "Human" is one my favorite real death metal Cds ever, it's a shame it's all over now... About "Arise", for drums played that fast, I think I've never heard better sounding drums anywhere else, usually it gets kind of confusing and massy, but not there the song Arise it self is like, wow...
"Slowly we rot", speaks for it self!

Jeff

My Threnody

Jorge442 03-06-2002 09:24 AM

hey Jeff,
Chuck (RIP)will definitely be missed. I cried when I wrote on the guestbook they had set up. Leprosy was the first Death metal album I ever heard and liked, heaviest before that was Slayer for me. I kinda lost touch with him after Symbolic and never heard any of the Control Denied(I think that´s what it was called) stuff.
I totally agree abut Arise, first song...wow
Scott´s signature drum clarity.
Because of the tuning(sp?) the drums sound unbelievable in the control room(and out), everytime I got a take done I would go in there and be like ¨WOW that´s me????¨

Obituary´s was the youngest drummer to ever record at Morrisound I think he was 15.
To me, Obituary and Cannibal are Stoner Death Metal lol very cool

jorge

Mark_Knecht 03-06-2002 06:44 PM

MikeD,
I like every single thing about this tune. I will buy the CD. Let me know when I can!

Cheers,
Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MikeD:
I'll try this one more time, but this time I'll put one of my own songs up for the first time.

I play guitar and sing backups and my wife is on lead vox.

Our band's name is Swim and the the song is called "Just Walk Away"

Swim - Just Walk Away

Thanks for listening [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BigRedButton 03-06-2002 08:07 PM

MikeD -
Nice stuff! I'd like to hear a little less volume on the hihat, and vocals. However, the vocal sounds are very clear and warm! Nice tune as well.

Bastiaan -
Great LIVE sound! It serves the song perfectly!

I'd still love some feedback from y'all on my stuff! There should be no problems with the site now. Here's the link: www.trixiestudios.homestead.com/mp3.html

Give em' a spin!

Roy Howell 03-06-2002 09:41 PM

MikeD,
Good stuff,man!

Bastiaan,
Great live recording, in my humble opinion...

BRB,
'Summer Promise Theme' sounds perf for that which is was written. Sorry I'm behind on listening(got the flu)...I'll catch the rest ASAP, and if it's like your other stuff, it's gotta be great.

Thanks, Roy

go i huvet 03-06-2002 10:39 PM

Finally....A new song is added in the following place:
www.mp3.com/bleed1

no.3. it´s called "Years".
Drums made in Reason, Guitar through POD, bass through the pre-amp in Mackie, recorded in Cubase and Fostex D90, "mastered" in Protools.

give it a listen.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

MikeD 03-08-2002 12:42 AM

Thanks to all who listen to my band's stuff and gave feedback. I certainly appreciate it very much.

Mark, the planned release of the Swim CD is sometime in May, hopefully sooner. I am still working on mixes presently. I will let you know when it done. You all are my guinea pigs so to speak. I may post a couple more tunes as I complete them. I'll try not to bog the place down with my stuff. Thanks for the interest, it is the best compliment I can think of [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BigRedButton, I listened to a couple of tracks and like what I heard. Nice job!