Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

tcnort 03-02-2002 09:51 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

IOP: man , im no drummer or anything but i think those drums came out great . My last band recorded a demo CD of some cover tunes at a " real " studio and that guy had like 15 mics on the drums and they came out much weaker that what you did with 4 mics . Good job .

Big Red : tried to check out your site but it wouldnt let me in . Said it had been accessed too many times today. Will try again later . Sounds like some good material on there.

Roy : thanks for the insight into Lovers . Thats one of those songs that just makes you sit back , shut your eyes and listen . Very nice indeed.

Id be honored to have you jam on some of my tunes . Ive been a fan of your playing since i heard " Sleepy Moon " .
I will get back with you on this soon . Ive got some new stuff thats not finished yet but could really benefit from your touch.

jon : ...neil diamond ? hmmm . thanks... i think.
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

ok , heres a couple more from the " Scratchwood " archives...

Julie

That's All We Know

later !
t.

Imakerecords 03-02-2002 10:22 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by da BaSsTaRd!:
ok, here's another one:

I'm Not Feelin' You

i wrote and played the music. the drums are more loops that me and my friend, aaron, made. the girl is China from the GifTeD Crew (same as kinky reggea).

the vocals are a little thick and i can't seem to thin them out without losing what's good about them. any ideas would be great....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DaBastard, very nice. Finally after 13 pages in this post I heard something that I really liked and could actually imagine on the radio. No offense to everyone else who's posted because I have not listened to them all. I have some really great ideas for you. Would I be correct in saying that you only have a few plugins? What did you use to make the beats with?

IMR

BigRedButton 03-02-2002 11:31 AM

OK folks! I've finally got some MP3s loaded onto my studios website! Sorry for the hassle before! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

To listen go to: www.trixiestudios.homestead.com/mp3.html

Please let me know what you think!

"Summer Promise Theme" is a surf ballad I recorded a few days ago for the best-selling author Robin Jones Gunn. I used mainly vintage instruments, minimal micing, and only natural room and spring reverbs to acheive an authentic "california surf" sound.

"Apple Of My Eye" is from a client called Bound To Happen, a teen punk group. Not bad players for a bunch of kids ages 13-16.

"Perfect Mistake" is from a client named Robert McCord. I also played drums on this track.

"Bulletproof Heart" is from a client duo named Rob & Tia. It's an acoustic track - we were going for a "radio show unplugged performance" kind of feel.

"Wrecking Ball" is from my CD titled "Busywork". All instruments and voices by yours truely.

da BaSsTaRd! 03-02-2002 02:58 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Imakerecords:

DaBastard, very nice. Finally after 13 pages in this post I heard something that I really liked and could actually imagine on the radio. No offense to everyone else who's posted because I have not listened to them all. I have some really great ideas for you. Would I be correct in saying that you only have a few plugins? What did you use to make the beats with?

IMR
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yo, lay them ideas on me.... you're right about the plugins: reverb and a little compression on the vocals and that's about it (plus C4/S1/L1 on the master fader).

the drums are loops that i recorded with my friend aaron. he's a great drummer. we went to a local studio to record the drums, then i mixed them down and chopped them into loops here at home.

Jorge442 03-02-2002 03:54 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Threnody:
Man you're a killer on the drums, and bass on "worms" sounds great too as well as the guitars, keep it up!!!
Let us know when the cd come out.

My Threnody
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a lot, I actually suck big time but I play what I feel........Worms was recorded with the great Scott Burns in 98! Great experience, great engineer, great guy.
The new CD (¨In Blood¨)should be ready soon, thanks for your interest!

l8r

jorge

Dr.John 03-03-2002 08:17 AM

Hello fellow Pro Toolers!

We have a new tune out, in addition to the others you may not have heard on our site...

Check out "Pauline" and any other tunes, as we need some input!

Pauline

Thanks!

Dr.John

Threnody 03-03-2002 10:41 PM

Jorge

...so you've worked with Scott Burns, he is really fantastic, I know hes work because of Sepultura and a few other bands, and on my opinion Sepultura's "Arise" is one of the best Thrash albums ever released, I don't know if you ever had a chance to listen to it but it's really great. If I'm not wroge he is to be held responsible for some Cannibal Corpse and some Deicide cds as well. Just one last thing, I'm a drummer as well, you do kick a**!

Jeff

My Threnody

Roy Howell 03-03-2002 11:04 PM

Jorge,
I checked out your site and music and that's some tuff stuff...You may have the fastest feet I've ever heard(Sheesh!) Fine drummin', Bro!
RH

jhoski 03-04-2002 08:09 AM

Hello,
My boy (18) sings in a 4 piece rock band that plays Incubus covers and one day I thought I'd see how the Digi001 does on a live recording session. We tracked 7 songs in 3 hours all with single takes and no overdubbs. The mixes didn't need much extra work, just a little reverb, drum EQ, and compression. Here is the set-up.
Drums: 4 mics, Kick: Oktava MK319, Snare Shure SM57, Overheads 2 Oktava MC 012-01.
Guitar: Audix OM-2, close, mid-cone
Bass: Direct through a SansAmp Bass Driver
Vocals: EV N/D257A through a ProSonus VXP and BBE. Everything went to a Mackie mixer with direct outs going into the Digi001.

The system did very well and I was impressed with the result and the ability to lay down 7 tracks simultaneously.
Here is one example. http://www.geocities.com/jhoski/Priveledge.mp3

Jay

Jorge442 03-04-2002 10:28 AM

Roy and Jeff,

Thanks, you guys are too nice, my feet are actually slow compared to where I wanna be!!!!!! Thanks though I appreciate it.

Yeah Jeff, Scott Burns did record Cannibal and Deicide. My favorite all time Scott Burns production is Death ¨Human¨. He recorded the first Obituary album on 8 track I heard!
I do love Arise and it just sounds tight tight. Scott is a true master
of his craft. First time I got there it freaked me out when he tuned the drums and the skins were so loose they were wrinkly!!even the kik!! it was hard playing like that, but it sounds sweeet

cheers

jorge