Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

posterchild 09-06-2003 11:43 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

delete

posterchild 09-06-2003 11:49 PM

delete

Steevp 09-07-2003 04:11 AM

Nice work posterchild!

You've done it again! Fabulous..

Things I like: The lyrics, great idea.. fantastic sonic spread (as usual) you get a very rich sound that I covet deeply, the real drums, I crave real drums, programming midi drums just doesn't cut it for me and I refuse to use loops. superb backing vocals (as usual) and the middle 8 is a tour de-force.. a very very cool song, it has all the things I like a bout a song, it's organic, it's recorded beautifully and it's catchy.. and another great test, it doesn't sound anything like 3:50 long.

Thanks for the kind words about Marion, and that's "our" forum , the damn thing was your idea..

Andy Partridge eh? ..neato..

rogerhavoc 09-07-2003 10:12 AM

Hey guys,

My mini song is finally done. FAST PACE Please let me know what you all think!!!! Any suggestions will be very much appreciated...

Thanks...

archtop 09-07-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Hey guys,

My mini song is finally done. FAST PACE Please let me know what you all think!!!! Any suggestions will be very much appreciated...

Thanks...

Roger Havoc you should be proud. That is meaty and sweet.the mix is tuff without being overbearing.Dang dude, super.

Steve P.
your song writing is cool ,easily digested. fresh yet familiar.

I think the comments are an important part of this thread.
Thanks

Roy Howell 09-07-2003 12:58 PM

I'll catch these new posts asap...meanwhile here's a rough mix on a new thing...
~Roy

Major Baby

skip b 09-07-2003 03:44 PM

Nice One Roy!! very well done, with good quality.:)

Steevp 09-07-2003 04:06 PM

That's pretty cool Roy, I love the rubber bass.. and the guitar is (as usual) sublime. I can't get passed the synthi brass section though, to my ears the sound of it cheesies the whole track, which is a shame because the rhythm section piano and guitars are great..

You really program midi well though, excellent job.

-Steve

Steevp 09-07-2003 04:09 PM

Ok, it's been a productive weekend (no pun intended)

for those who missed the 2 mins 20 of Nothing Rhymes with Marion (up there ^) here's 3 minutes of:

Worksong

Enjoy!

Roy Howell 09-07-2003 05:26 PM

Thanks skip and steve... steve, you're right...I'll either fix or ditch those tinty horns. I'll have those things rhyming with 'Marion' before it's over...