Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Gated Verb - TC NonLin2 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=180355)

Howardk 10-25-2006 02:56 AM

Gated Verb - TC NonLin2

Hey Guys, need to bring some 80s snare and kick verb into a mix I am doing and I can't quite find it in any of my verbs (Reverb One, ReVibe, Sony, Waves Ren) even in combination. I used to use loads of hardware back in the day with combinations of Lexi, TC and AMS with great results. Hoping the TC NonLin2 is a good tool. I am talking the big fast decay verb like Aerosmith had in the late 80's early 90's (Pump/Get a Grip). . . which is the kinda think we rarely do these days.

Suggestions/Comments on best plugin(s)?

Steve MacMillan 10-25-2006 09:32 AM

Re: Gated Verb - TC NonLin2

The TC NonLin2 is the real deal. There are a few good impulses floating around, but it is surprising how little the AMS NonLin2 has been sampled. Anyhow get the TC plug-in or rent a TC4000.

STeve

dkroger 10-25-2006 01:44 PM

Yep the nonlin2 is great.
But I'm pretty sure that reverb one also has a good nonlin build in. Not in front of my rig right now, but explore it

tribase 10-25-2006 09:28 PM

Where can I find a nonlin 2 impulse, could you let me know Steve? It's notably missing from the TL Space library.

Steve MacMillan 10-25-2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Where can I find a nonlin 2 impulse, could you let me know Steve? It's notably missing from the TL Space library.

The one I use a lot came with Logic 6...

Reverb Units/Philadelphia/Bank 1/16 Thin Non Linear

STeve

Evil Jack 10-26-2006 01:13 AM

Dont laugh, but have you tried the D-Verb Non Lin?
I got great results from this when I worked on some 80s style tunes earlier this year...Very AMS!

Howardk 10-26-2006 04:07 AM

Yea, tried it (D-Verb) in my hunt. It approximates what I am looking for. . . and the envelop is close but it doesn't have the density/complexity in the sound and the envelop is not adjustable enough. Waves Ren Verb had a gated sound as well, but not quite there either. I put in a demo request to TC back a couple days, but I have not heard from them yet. . .

Mikey MTC 10-26-2006 05:13 AM

Well, if D-Verb doesn't cut it for you and adjustable is what you want, the definitely the TC NonLin2 is the go. The envelope controls and number of style choices should be able to dish up anything you're after. You might want to add some mild distortion after the TC just to grain it up a little for that real 80's effect! <g>

Stig Eliassen 10-26-2006 07:08 PM

For those using Altiverb you can download impulse responses derived from AMS RMX16 reverb. Non Lin 2 preset included.

Howardk 10-28-2006 05:04 PM

I am still waiting to hear back from TC on the demo authorization. Anyone actually used TC's NonLin2 TDM Plugin? If so, what did you think? How did it compare with other non-linear verbs you have worked with?