Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Att. DigiTechSupport: 8.0.4 issue (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=278592)

albee1952 07-24-2010 10:53 AM

Att. DigiTechSupport: 8.0.4 issue

SO, since I can't remember where to report bugs, here 'tis...in my testing on my 8.0.4 setup with Win7 64 bit, I found a LLM issue that is actually the fault of the PT update as it happens on XP as well. With LLM turned on, of my 8 lightpipe inputs(Presonus D8) 7&8 cannot be heard(meters still move, audio is recorded and audio plays back fine). I have seen others report similar with the SPDIF input and I tested by feeding my DAT machine in and it gets weirder. With LLM on, the SPDIF signal goes mono(from a stereo DAT recording) and the mic(on ADAT 7 or 8 input). pans in the phones(input 7 goes left, input 8 goes right(playback is normal center, following the PAN knobs).

003 with Presonus D8. 8 mono audio tracks fed by the 8 lightpipe inputs, SPDIF input from DAT with stereo recording as source

Ran all tests again on XP with 8.0.1 and none of this odd stuff happens there. The XP/8.0.4 started as a clone of the 8.0.1 drive with the .4 updater added(nothing else changed).

DarylBham 07-24-2010 12:25 PM

Re: Att. DigiTechSupport: 8.0.4 issue

THANK YOU!!! i know you can get a better response than me... I dont think the ADATS or some of the I/O's are functioning right in PT 8.0.4... at least with the Presonus pre amps, cause im having a similar issue with my Digimax FS, that i dont have in 8.0.3

albee1952 07-24-2010 12:57 PM

Yes, as long as LLM is OFF, all works fine. Turn it on and things get weird.

Okay, an hour later and another oddity. Opened a session that I was working on in XP/8.0.4(without any issues) and on Win7 64 bit, I can hear little clicks and pops. I reset the clock source to WordClock without improvement. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm

albee1952 07-24-2010 03:16 PM

The chain continues. The clicking/popping turns out to be tracks that were processed with Elastic Audio. They were edited and committed on the XP setup and are full of pops when played back on the Win7 setup. More info as it unfolds:rolleyes:

albee1952 07-24-2010 03:52 PM

Come on DigiTech Support. Its getting goofier by the minute now. The audio files that click/pop...I pulled the original files from another drive and imported them into the session(8.0.4 on XP). As soon as they come into Pro Tools, they sound like crap. I tried importing from a CD-R-no good. I opened them from the original source in WaveLab and they sound perfect, so I saved them to the desktop and tried importing from there-still no good. Then I went to the File>Import>Audio and audition them in the PT import window and they sound bad there, so this is 8.0.4 trashing my audio files. I will install my XP drive with 8.0.1 and see what happens.

BTW, the files are all 16 bit/44.1, as is the session(so no conversion is taking place) and no tracks have EA enabled in the session.

Followup. XP with 8.0.1 is working fine with no audio corruption. Guess I have to stay with the older version to work on projects that aren't finished yet. I will try to run a new project on 8.0.4 and see what happens.

The Weed 07-24-2010 05:31 PM

albee,

A couple of days ago I did one recording in 8.0.4 on XP and all was well. Two hours later I did another recording and had little rice krispies on all the audio, recorded or old played back. Trashed Preferences and Databases, emptied the Recycle Bin and Rebooted. All good. Don't know if that will help, but thought I would pass along my experience.

Cheers,

albee1952 07-24-2010 06:03 PM

Yeah, I need to try that. I wonder if the trasher utility works on 64 bit?

Mr. Kelly 07-24-2010 06:15 PM

Hope you find some help... I have most of the parts that you have in your system lying here in boxes... ready to be put together. So, should I have the same problem... you'll be the pioneer!

:)

albee1952 07-24-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly (Post 1641724)
Hope you find some help... I have most of the parts that you have in your system lying here in boxes... ready to be put together. So, should I have the same problem... you'll be the pioneer!

:)

Go ahead with your build. Just use XP and PT8.0.1 with any cs updates for that and you should be in happy land. 8.0.4 on XP is suffering just as bad as it is on Win7 64 bit. I will update as I do more testing:rolleyes:

The Weed 07-24-2010 06:29 PM

Trasher has 3 versions, one is for 64 bit 8.0.3 and up. Happy to send you the zip if you want.

Cheers,