Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

superpenguin79 06-10-2005 01:58 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:

www.geocities.com/boarderguyxThanks
Chris Tempest

Chris, sounds like it is progressing very nicely man! your drum beat sorta reminds me of the intro to "just push play" by Aerosmith in a way... I mean that as a compliment btw man.. Vocals are a little hard to hear in the mix at this point, but I am sure they will be different when you finish with it. Keep up the good work man!

tempest18 06-10-2005 03:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

www.geocities.com/boarderguyxThanks
Chris Tempest

Chris, sounds like it is progressing very nicely man! your drum beat sorta reminds me of the intro to "just push play" by Aerosmith in a way... I mean that as a compliment btw man.. Vocals are a little hard to hear in the mix at this point, but I am sure they will be different when you finish with it. Keep up the good work man!

Thanks Super,

I just knocked that whole thing together in about 10 mins.

No mixing or anything done, my singing is also very bad at the moment but I just shouted it out to give an idea. The guitar playing was crappy, just rushed to put my idea down, the lyrics aint really final.

I'm hopefully looking for somebody to record the drums live for me.

In the track I just keyed some drums in and looped the beat for an idea of what I want the drums to sound like.

Thanks again

Chris Tempest

If anybody is interested in a little collab gimme a shout. Like I posted previous, I cant afford to offer money but you will get full credit for the song

Roy Howell 06-10-2005 03:54 PM

Doc...Stan...thanks very much you guys...much appreciated.

Brain Digger-

Quote:

Roy,

Re: Lovers

The guitar is mesmerizing. I love it. How did you create that sound for the intro? It really does sound like a combination of evolving synth pad and guitar.

dave

Brain Digger/Dave,
Thanks very much........the intro is made up of guitar samples I created using tunings/harmonics for these particular chord changes at the song's bpm(152), along with plugins in a controlled way......I create these type samples using both guitars and mandolins, and they're very effective for certain moods.

thanks again you guys... -Roy

Brain Digger 06-10-2005 04:22 PM

All,

Okay. I have been listening and reading for a while, but now I would like to participate. The links below are three songs I am currently working on for a client. He is happy so far, but I really want these to improve.

Just a rough mix with a little delay here and there and a little reverb and compression/EQ where necessary. None of this is set in stone and I would really appreciate constructive input from any and all. I love this thread and I am ready to chime in and participate. Thanks.

Updated version of the songs. Have a listen. Thanks

http://www.repproduction.com/With_A_Prayer05Jun09.mp3

http://www.repproduction.com/Without_You05Jun09.mp3

http://www.repproduction.com/Inspire_me05Jun09.mp3

They need a little more cohesiveness, I know, but how??? I am working on it.

cheers,

dave

DR.Loop 06-10-2005 04:48 PM

Beautiful song Roy. Enjoyed it very much.

Nice job!

-Bob

IntelDoc 06-10-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

Doc,

Great recording. I love the thick crunch in the guitars and the subtle ping in the snare. The lead guitar sound reminds me a little of one of my favorite bands--Bad Religion--love it.

So I take it from other posts of yours that this style of music is not the norm for you. I guess it is a bit of a challenge to work on something that involves a style of music that is not close to your heart. That is my experience anyways. Well done. The mix is heavy with lots of crunch but the clarity is also there throughout.

I guess the benefit of having a lead singer like this is that you can travel to and showcase your music in any country and the natives will assume that he is singing in their native tongue...hee hee. BTW did you put some form of chastity belt thingy between the singer and your microphone or pull out the radioshack model ?

dave

Brain,
Actually I really prefer to do the ROCK thing, but it sees that alot of my clients hav been acoustic. However sme rock guys I have never posted out here so a lot that you hear are acoustic rock for the most part. get a lot of ROCK and PUNK. I am currently working with a punk band. Finished up another one, and have 2 acoustic rock bands going. Busy times.

Used the E609 on that guy. E609 to a distressor and called it a day. Worked rather well I thought.

Guitar were SICK I thought. That is what happens with 3 different amps blended together. with 2 mics per take.

- Doc

Roy Howell 06-11-2005 11:57 AM

DR.Loop-
Quote:

Beautiful song Roy. Enjoyed it very much.

Nice job!

-Bob

Thanks very much Bob...

Brain Digger,
All 3 songs sound good.....you're doing a good job...as far as suggestions, I do hear some muddiness that could be improved........IntelDoc could probably advise you well on getting the most out of your acoustic guitars and vocals... maybe if you post the mikes, verbs, EQ's, and compressors you're using, you might get some useful suggestions.
Nice job overall though...thanks for posting.

-Roy

Finne 06-13-2005 05:08 AM

Chinese story

Long time no see, hello again.

First time real drums (recorded by drummer with emagic a 6/2 m, collaboration over internet). Notice bass player, I love his style to play and very accuracy too.

Song is about China:

When you buy chinese product, you support oppressive regime

Ch:
We must not forget/ the blood shed in Tianenmen Square/
Chinese government/ showed it’s regard for life there

Kiinalainen juttu (Chinese story)

Feel free to say what you think.

I know my drummer needs badly micing advice. Any good link?

rockrev 06-13-2005 07:40 AM

I originally posted a version of this song a couple of years back when I first started using Pro Tools. I started recording it in Cakewalk, then exported those tracks to PT (good ol' 5.3.1). Since then a lot has changed. In fact, I re-recorded most of the tracks and added some new things too. All in all, I think it's a much better production now (the guitar solo at the end really rounded things off too). Anyway, check it out and let me know what you guys think:

http://www.myspace.com/metoniccycle

BTW - the sound quality will be much better if you download the MP3 file instead of listening to the stream file.

Thanks,

rockrev

SSRJazz 06-13-2005 12:01 PM

Roy,

Thumbs up for "Lovers" Very well done and the vocalist has a wonderful voice. Perfect for that song too.

I thought the drums sounded just a tad thin, myself. Someone else commented on how good they sounded. *shrug* Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

All in all tho, great production on "Lovers"