Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

ire21 07-05-2004 09:43 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:

Here's a new one...
Bigfoot Moon

Alright. I'd like to register a complaint with the appropriate authorities. That song Bigfoot Moon is going to be stuck in my head for DAYS! That bass line is an inexorable object that crushes everything in it's path, and the lead guitar is so rude it makes Ron Jeremy seem couth! Nice, nice job dude. I'd give my first born to lay down some live drums on that mofo.

C.

Aussie169 07-05-2004 10:20 PM

Quote:

I'd give my first born to lay down some live drums on that mofo.

C.

Well, knowing Roy as I do, you'd probably only have to give him your email address and he'll happily send you a copy on the tracks without drums.

Roy is the DUC's resident collaborator LOL

Roy Howell 07-06-2004 12:13 PM

Mark.....

ire21-
Quote:

Quote:

Here's a new one...
Bigfoot Moon

Alright. I'd like to register a complaint with the appropriate authorities. That song Bigfoot Moon is going to be stuck in my head for DAYS! That bass line is an inexorable object that crushes everything in it's path, and the lead guitar is so rude it makes Ron Jeremy seem couth! Nice, nice job dude. I'd give my first born to lay down some live drums on that mofo.

C.

ire21,
Thanks for the comments on 'Bigfoot', especially the 'rude' guitar part...now, that's my kind of complement... ...I'de like to hear a real drums version of it. Send me an email(click my name) when you can and I'll do you a quick mix, sans drums.
-Roy

fredsparky 07-06-2004 04:40 PM

Here's a few old songs. A bunch of live stuff.

Mike

da BaSsTaRd! 07-06-2004 04:51 PM

i just listened to uh-oh. sounds great. did you produce it?

Voideco 07-06-2004 06:50 PM

Trying to keep up with all the stuff posted lately.

Roy I really dig Bigfoot Moon. It's got a groove like a slow train full of heavy-weighted wrestlers coming over to settle an argue once and for all, but in a positive way. Really. The guitar work is marvellous, in one word.

Chucktoledo I'm listening to Me quiere a Mi. Not really my type of music but it's certainly moving. I mean no dull moments in the song. About the mix, all I can say is that for a rough mix it could be much worse. Maybe some instruments jump out a bit too much, guess you can bring them some more together but then again it certainly sounds lively.

So far my impressions, I DL'd most of the latest songs but now I have to keep track on which song was from whom. No big deal there's a way for that.

Good luck all

Voideco 07-06-2004 07:08 PM

Some snippets for the time being. The only thing that matters here is the guitar, drums are midi, very simple pattern played by hand on a midikeyboard, quantised. Bass is a VSTi. Comments on the guitarparts are welcome.

Virtual Jam

Oh and another concept: Destiny's Decision

When I have my western back I'm really gonna make this song big, I need the guitar for the beginning of the song. What you hear now is the chorus, so the song actually falls in in the middle. Made with Cubase & 001, used a whole bunch of VSTi's, for the bass, the one note melody line and the bass drum. I used Cubase for rewiring Reason, it's got a sample from Steps Ahead, cd 'Magnetic', guess the loop is a bit muffled back in the mix. A very low pitch one note trigger of the same sample sounds like thunder, it's all through the song. Anyway ...... Only thing that I really care about for now with this song is the mix, but any kind of comments and/or criticism is welcome (apart from the song being too obviously a fragment and not arranged yet in anyway). Oh and the vocals (me) need some autotune.

Best regards,
Walther

Eddie D 07-06-2004 08:53 PM

da Basstard,

Thanks man, I did not make the beat,,,, not sure who did that for them? I just mixed it and recorded the vocal tracks for them. The funny thing is they have been tryin some of the bigger studios around town paying $60-$70 an hour to record and coming home with stuff they didnt like. A friend of a friend sent them my way and for 20 bucks an hr the sound they get from my setup was what they have been looking for, so now we are making plans to do the whole albumn here. Hopefully they can send some more business my way. I need to find the time to learn how to use sampletank and reason to start experiment making some of my own tracks. For now just recording and mixing vocal and music tracks is all I do. I use the studio at school to record full bands and mix here also.

Thanks again for checking it out.
Eddie

Roy Howell 07-07-2004 12:31 AM

Thanks voideco......

pk_hat 07-07-2004 04:24 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Here's a little "Massive Attack" type of track inspired by a classical piece.

"Arabian"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/kroumusic.htm