Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Avid Is ProControl Approved for PT9? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=286224)

maxtn 11-08-2010 10:39 AM

Avid Is ProControl Approved for PT9?

You have not listed ProControl on the Approved Interfaces and Peripherals link but a "bundle" is included in PT9. What is the official status? It seems to work as good as PT8:-) are we OK?

Thanks,

M

DigiTechSupt 11-08-2010 10:54 AM

Re: Avid Is ProControl Approved for PT9?

Official status is it's not supported, but we've done nothing to break or limit compatibility and it continues to function as it did in Pro Tools 8.

maxtn 11-08-2010 11:22 AM

Thanks

vudoo 11-08-2010 08:44 PM

So is PT9 the first official upgrade to have drop support for the Procontrol ( even though it still '' works '' ) ? If i remember correctly, PT 8 still support the ProControl and it actually had some bug fix for it with later CS revision.

CALMA ESTUDIS 11-12-2010 01:21 PM

Then, no problem to open the code for the people who are using pro control ( a lot over the world ) please open the code.

Josep

LukeHoward 11-12-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CALMA ESTUDIS (Post 1701319)
Then, no problem to open the code for the people who are using pro control ( a lot over the world ) please open the code.

Josep

Notwithstanding the fact that hell will freeze over before that happens, the ProControl controller plugin (assuming that's what you're referring to) is likely of limited use by itself.

Cryos 11-15-2010 04:45 AM

I can confirm the Procontrol and Editpack works in PT9.
I've brought this up before and will donso again but if your using the PC monitor section is surround there is a bug: whenever certain plugins are instantiated or removed from an insert or possibly bypassed the surround switch on the PC toggles off on it's own.
AVID has admitted that this is Bug but has no intention of doing anything about it.

vudoo 11-17-2010 04:43 PM

Support for Procontrol has '' officially '' been dropped since 8.1. This, basically, means any future bugs will not be adressed. I guess it's finally time to upgrade to an Icon...bugger ! i really dig my Procontrol set up.

HD6 Accel/PT-8.0.3cs1, Procontrol+Edit+Fader pack, Video Satellite, Dolby LM100, Dangerous Monitor ST/SR , Waves Mercury...

vudoo 11-20-2010 11:02 AM

PT 9 working fine so far on Mac, but on Win, there seems to be a bug with the Matrix when banking. Anybody having the same issue ???

HD6 Accel/PT-8.0.3cs1, Procontrol+Edit+Fader pack, Video Satellite, Dolby LM100, Dangerous Monitor ST/SR , Waves Mercury...

CALMA ESTUDIS 01-07-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeHoward (Post 1701345)
Notwithstanding the fact that hell will freeze over before that happens, the ProControl controller plugin (assuming that's what you're referring to) is likely of limited use by itself.

I know, I mean may be Avid can open the code to the users to program ourselfs, of course to use and improve with pro tools. :-)