Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How to select all tracks in the edit window (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=74646)

d_matt 06-01-2003 10:48 AM

How to select all tracks in the edit window

Looked through the manual but can't find out how to do this. How do I select all tracks over a specific range in the edit window?

Thanks,
-Matt

Rabidium 06-01-2003 11:02 AM

Re: How to select all tracks in the edit window

there's a pre-created group called 'all' just click that, then highlight the area you want.

To find edit groups, click that double arrow in the bottom left corner of the edit window.

And create some groups for the tracks you already have, you'll find it immensely helpful and easy to do. say a vocals group so you can mute all the vocals in one swoop, or a percussion group so you can lower the levels of all the percussion at once. (Start+click the name of the group to show/hide tracks) You can also create seperate mix groups, look for the same double arrow in the mix pane.

-Olaf
Always more than you wanted to know.

froyo 06-01-2003 11:05 AM

Hello. If you select an area on a timeline it will select across all tracks. If you double click on a timeline it will select all tracks in the entire session. What manual are you referring to? Because this info, and everything else you want to know about Pro Tools, is in the Pro Tools Reference Guide.

d_matt 06-01-2003 01:04 PM

Hey Froyo,

Tried that, doesn't work.

froyo 06-01-2003 01:32 PM

Hello. D_matt you tried which one?

First off, make sure the "Link Edit and Timeline Selection" button is active. It's that button next to the 1,2,3,4 and 5 zoom memory numbers in the Edit Window, top left. Right under the Grid button. Make sure that's lit up. Another way is to check under the Operations drop down menu. There is a command called Link Edit and Timeline Selection. Make sure there is a check mark to the left indicating it is active. Another way is to try the shortcut 'Shift + /'.

Once you make sure that's active then you can try either one. Selecting an area in a timeline or double clicking. I hope this helps.

P.S. Pro Tools Reference Guide. Everything you always wanted to know.

d_matt 06-01-2003 01:44 PM

Ah, ok,

It was b/c I didn't have edit and timeline linked.

Couldn't figure that out for a while.

-Matt

Rabidium 06-02-2003 12:43 AM

Oh, hey, nice tip, I never noticed that.

I love how in this program there's always a few ways to do any one thing.
-Olaf

federico 03-06-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabidium (Post 456191)
there's a pre-created group called 'all' just click that, then highlight the area you want.

To find edit groups, click that double arrow in the bottom left corner of the edit window.

And create some groups for the tracks you already have, you'll find it immensely helpful and easy to do. say a vocals group so you can mute all the vocals in one swoop, or a percussion group so you can lower the levels of all the percussion at once. (Start+click the name of the group to show/hide tracks) You can also create seperate mix groups, look for the same double arrow in the mix pane.

-Olaf
Always more than you wanted to know.

HI, what If I already selected a region on a track and I want to select that region in all tracks, without moving the selection?

federico 03-06-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by federico (Post 2595214)
HI, what If I already selected a region on a track and I want to select that region in all tracks, without moving the selection?

I found a partial solution. If you do that and then select another track's name with alt+shift on Win it will select all tracks. However alternate playlists are not selected. Is there a shortcut to include them as well?
Thanks.

HurtMesaMusic 03-06-2021 10:53 PM

How to select all tracks in the edit window

Hold shift, type p and/or ; until they’re all selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro