Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Captain_Pants 09-05-2002 08:38 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Yavuz, I gave your stuff a listen a lot of talent. I listened to Blue Dreams. It reminds me a lot of the Jazz I hear a lot down here. Did you compose this and play or?

I wish I could hear a lot better quality stuff, the Flash just doesnt do it. Do you like Fishbelly Black? Thier Debut is one of my favorite CD's. What about you? Favorite Jazz?

yavuzj 09-05-2002 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Captain_Pants:
Yavuz, I gave your stuff a listen a lot of talent. I listened to Blue Dreams. It reminds me a lot of the Jazz I hear a lot down here. Did you compose this and play or?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes my composition.
The MP3s are 64KB encryted @22KHZ .So it is NOT CD quality. I had those versions too befor but it took long time to download.

Here are some direct links for the MP3s;

Halay

House of the Rising Sun

Lost in the City

Turnaround

Softly

Blue In Green

Deluge

What about the site?

I did that as well...

yavuzj 09-06-2002 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by yavuzj:
I just finished mixing my latest recording with my Quartet.

All the music is at my new site. (Comments welcome about my site as well. I just finished it)

Click on Music link for listening the mixes.
www.yavuzakyazici.com
www.yavuzmusic.com

EnjoY [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anybody care to comment?
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 09-06-2002 01:07 AM

Yav,
You've got the jazz corner of the DUC pegged, man. Great stuff as usual... is some of it live? ('Deluge' for example). I really love the horn on 'House of the Rising Sun', and well, all of it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Peter/Last,
Well, I just absolutely love this song. You are one great producer. Everything entertwines just so well. Who's singing this? (I hope he's doing something you and I are writing). Of course, watch you come up and say, 'It's ME'... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] But, this is one of the best songs I've heard anywhere.
Now, get back to work on our stuff!... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks, Roy

yavuzj 09-06-2002 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Yav,
You've got the jazz corner of the DUC pegged, man. Great stuff as usual... is some of it live? ('Deluge' for example).

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, Actually they are ALL live.
That is the ONLY way I like recording Jazz.
We play off of eachother.

Even in studio no overdubs. Live to 8 or 1 tracks is the way to go for this kind of music.

These particular tracks you heard were all from 2 different concerts. Halay, for instance, was recorded ive on July 5th in Manchester, Vermont.

Delude was recorded on Aprl 26th 2000 in Manhattan, New York.

greenroom 09-06-2002 10:40 AM

GP, Soundsurfr and Roy. Thanks so much for your positive comments. I know we are a kind of extended family here but its reassuring that people you really only know by their nicknames and who live in other continents think that what you're doing is worthwhile!!!!

God knows we've tried hard enough to make some headway in the UK with our stuff, but the 'market' is so obsessed with big-arsed divas, boy bands and shouty blokes with their basketball caps on backwards that theres no chance for a couple (cough) weight-challenged fortysomethings!!!

Anyway, MP3.com have finally got round to approving another song 'no encore' at
http://www.mp3.com/Queensville_Wakes

One of my better solos (IMHO) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

GP 09-06-2002 10:52 AM

Yavuzj,

I love jazz, and I have just bookmarked your site! Would love to hear hi res vers. of the songs. I got cable here so only takes a few to load.

1st, how are you recordig your live sessions? Just curious.

2nd, what's some of your main influences? I played lot's of styles of jazz guitar over the years. Was a big Lenny Bro fan to mention one but CHarlie Christian was my first listen for guitarist, although the "bird" would be my main influence. Always loved drawing the energy from the sax.

Quartet is sounding good bro....keep it up.

Roy Howell 09-06-2002 11:03 AM

GP,
Please re-email me if you would (it somehow missed me). If you'll just re-forward it to either [email protected] OR [email protected] ... I should get it.

thanksroy

yavuzj 09-06-2002 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GP:
1st, how are you recordig your live sessions? Just curious.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">RME HDSP Multiface+Dell Laptop+Cubase SX.
8channels direct to the hard drive.

Quote:

Originally posted by GP:
2nd, what's some of your main influences?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Single line soloing;
John Coltrane, Hendrix, Chet Baker, Wayne Shorter, Clifford Brown, Sonny Rollins...

Comping;
Bill Evans, Wynton Kelly, Herbie Hancock..

Roy Howell 09-06-2002 11:21 AM

What about Ted Nugent?
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]