Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Cavet Your Eruptor 02-10-2003 08:54 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

I seemed to be having some trouble with mp3.com the other night, so I am re-posting. Apologies if anyone tried to listen and couldn't.

"Past Performance" is the newest song. A friend who works as a financial planner asked me for this song. Sort of a favor kind of thing.

www.mp3.com/cavetyoureruptor

metaltim 02-10-2003 03:14 PM

And yet another one up on my site..
it's called everyday, you can get it directly here,
or go to my page and check out my other stuff while you are there.

metaltim's domain.

da BaSsTaRd! 02-10-2003 05:33 PM

this dude, camino toledo, posted a FANTASTIC latin song on the BUC. thought i'd share it here too: http://basstardz.dhs.org/DUC/DUC_MUS...Bancarrota.mp3

[email protected]

Aussie169 02-10-2003 11:47 PM

Tim
Great track.
I'd do something about the bottom end though. I got heaps of bottom end distortion in the cans. Was rather off-putting.
Really enjoyed the track though.

Mark

kris whitten 02-11-2003 02:58 AM

www.homepage.mac.com/kriswhitten

ptrbas 02-11-2003 08:47 AM

DaBaSs,

Both are great songs, your song you post and the
Latin song is indeed FANTASTIC.
Can I ask you what you used for drums in your song
especially on the acoustic sounding parts. It sounds great.

Greets,
Pieter

Camilo Toledo 02-11-2003 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ptrbas:
DaBaSs,

Greets,
Pieter

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PTRBAS and DaBaSsTasd:

Thanks for the comments on the Latin song . My friend Francisco Miranda, a real pro from El Salvador is the singer, I'm the arranger and PT/operator. It is my first song on a DIGI 001 and feedback like this really keeps me going, but I'm open to any suggestions in order to learn.

I have to say that it is really cool for Brian to let us use and post songs on his server. Thanks man!

Roy Howell 02-11-2003 03:52 PM

Here's a Hip hop song Dojah(Matt) sent me today. Once again, this is courtesy of DaBasstard (thanks Brian). I think it's excellent...check it out... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

The D.F.W. ALLSTARS
'a thousand to one odds'

http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/mp3/Track%2013.mp3

da BaSsTaRd! 02-11-2003 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Here's a Hip hop song Dojah(Matt) sent me today. Once again, this is courtesy of DaBasstard (thanks Brian). I think it's excellent...check it out... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

The D.F.W. ALLSTARS
'a thousand to one odds'

http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/mp3/Track%2013.mp3

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">roy, i just moved it to the duc folder:
http://basstardz.dhs.org/DUC/DUC_MUS...s/Track_13.mp3

YOUNGMOESES 02-11-2003 10:27 PM

damn potna is sick...

some nice underground style...

i need to holla at that producer

FrankLP 02-11-2003 10:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the comments on the Latin song . My friend Francisco Miranda, a real pro from El Salvador is the singer, I'm the arranger and PT/operator. It is my first song on a DIGI 001 and feedback like this really keeps me going, but I'm open to any suggestions in order to learn.

I have to say that it is really cool for Brian to let us use and post songs on his server. Thanks man!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">chucktoledo,
I think the vocal performance and recording is great. Nice song as well. But IMHO the music could develop more from the opening to the close. The guitar type motif is kewl, but tends to be rather dominant to the point of distracting to the vocal (being that it's level seems constant and linear throughout the track). I also did not experience a lot of seperation and/or dynamics from the rhythm track from front to back. As I said, it's a good tune, but I just thought the music could be a bit more dynamic and/or "ochestrated". Just my 2 cents mind you.

da BaSsTaRd! 02-12-2003 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ptrbas:
DaBaSs,

Greets,
Pieter

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the loop in the beginning is reason and the acoustic drums are loops that i made with a friend. we recorded some parts in a local studio then mixed it & chopped it into loops at my place).

where the reason loop and my loop are mixed together is a mistake. they don't sound good together. i could fix it if i had PT6 with beat detective and the new groove template thingy... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dojah 02-12-2003 10:11 AM

Thanks for the support....
Roy GOOD LOOKING OUT, I appreciate the feed back....

DaBaSs,
Thanks for the post of my track.... (DFW ALLSTARS) I owe you one.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

da BaSsTaRd! 02-12-2003 11:40 AM

send some more trax. sounds great... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dojah 02-12-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by YOUNGMOESES:
damn potna is sick...

some nice underground style...

i need to holla at that producer

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If your talking about the ALLSTAR track hit me up..

Dojah 02-12-2003 11:46 AM

DaBaSs,
is the link down?

ptrbas 02-12-2003 03:18 PM

DaBaSs, thanks for fill me in, nothing beats real drums I guess. Nice loops you recorded.

Dojah, groovy tune, I like the gamalan bell (Indonesian) sounds you put in here.
Nice production.

Pieter

da BaSsTaRd! 02-12-2003 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dojah:
DaBaSs,
is the link down?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">my domain server went down for a few hours, but its working now... post some more songs if you got 'em...

Dojah 02-12-2003 04:19 PM

Dojah, groovy tune, I like the gamalan bell (Indonesian) sounds you put in here.
Nice production.

Pieter
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the support... Not too many people know what those bells are... as a matter of fact your the first to guess.. good call

DaBass.. Gotcha, thanks again I'll send more stuff as soon as I can get out of the cave and away from the console.. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

mjames08 02-12-2003 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bi0force1:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by YOUNGMOESES:
www.zebox.com/youngmoe

the song is called ECHOES...and unlike someone said before THERE IS NO CURSING!!!

i'm the cat with the deep voice, i also produced this...turn down the bass tho' as this is a rough draft and i forgot to eq out the over-bass

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">F**KIN' A MAN, i dont usually like music like this but the first lyrics you hear sound awesome......my friend brian said it best when he said "it sounds like a broken record"......

i personally love, good job [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would agree with bio here.. but I think the vocals are way too loud.. or the guitars are too quiet, you may need a few more distorted guitar layers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

da BaSsTaRd! 02-12-2003 07:31 PM

i'm working on another loop project. here's a sample:

http://basstardz.dhs.org/OTHER/72_Mid_Tempo.mp3

constructive criticism very much welcomed... i'm going with a "back to basics" approach. the last batch was over limited, over compressed, over etc...

Camilo Toledo 02-14-2003 12:00 AM

[quote]Originally posted by FrankLP:
Quote:

I think the vocal performance and recording is great. Nice song as well. But IMHO the music could develop more from the opening to the close. The guitar type motif is kewl, but tends to be rather dominant to the point of distracting to the vocal (being that it's level seems constant and linear throughout the track). I also did not experience a lot of seperation and/or dynamics from the rhythm track from front to back. As I said, it's a good tune, but I just thought the music could be a bit more dynamic and/or "ochestrated". Just my 2 cents mind you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Frank:
you are absolutely right about the guitar. I have to use my automation and remix, bringing the guitar down in the verses. I would need some help in adding more separation to the rest of the instruments. What can I use? or how would you suggest I do this? remmember it is my first attempt.

This is in fact a very traditional style of music from the Dominican Republic. The instrumentation is simply: Bass, Guira (hi-hat sound)Bongos, and Two guitars. and the songs are built around the lead singer melody and lead guitar.

Would you give it a try and remix this song the way you are hearing it?

FrankLP 02-15-2003 08:07 AM

Hey Chucktoledo,
I'll drop ya an email.

FrankLP

Roy Howell 02-15-2003 09:35 AM

DaBasstard,
Loop sounds good...really natural and present. The pitch of the snare is higher than I prefer, but it still works well with this kit overall, I think. (I know I sound snooty [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , but I also know you want me to say what I hear). Regardless, I would say it's an exceptional kit.

Gene Backlin 02-15-2003 05:08 PM

Ohhhh 20 years of marriage 3 kids, oldest just got his drivers permit and I get the afternoon alone !!!!

Please enjoy: http://www.ehmz.org/Gallery/songs/Waterfall.mp3

Thank you for listening !

Take Care,
Gene

Gene Backlin 02-15-2003 05:10 PM

Ohhhh 20 years of marriage 3 kids, oldest just got his drivers permit and I get the afternoon alone !!!!

Please enjoy: http://www.ehmz.org/Gallery/songs/Waterfall.mp3

Thank you for listening !

Take Care,
Gene

da BaSsTaRd! 02-15-2003 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Roy Howell:
The pitch of the snare is higher than I prefer...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">believe me when i tell you that you're not the first person to have brought that up...

dummy20707 02-15-2003 06:54 PM

OK, my first Digi project is an arrangement of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring for guitar, bass and drums. I have the first 7:30 up for review. I might take it down when my site gets 300 plays.
PLEASE click "CONTACT" to tell me what you think, and say whether you used broadband or 56K. here it is

Micah777 02-15-2003 09:40 PM

This is the first song I've completed in more than a year and the first one I've posted on the DUC. I recorded it for a friend of mine. He sang and played rhythm guitar. I did everything else. I hope you like it.

The song isAmite

steals 02-15-2003 11:42 PM

Gene, your tune goes great with a Corona & lime. Micah, nice tune! Lively mix, I felt like I was in the room/club.

Aussie169 02-16-2003 04:01 AM

Gene - Very nicely recorded. Instruments sound very natural. The only thing I can "pick on" is that it gets a little loose on occasions. But it's not too bad, and actually gives it a bit of a live feel, which I think is what Steals is hinting at?
Excellent work

Micah - Catchy tune. The vocals are way too quiet, and the acoustic is too loud. I understood very few words. The voice has a cool quality to it, so don't bury it. Also the mix is a bit busy for me. I'd get rid of the keyboards, it really doesn't add much IMHO.
As I said, catchy tune and interesting vocal sound. Worth persisting with.

Brian - I don't care what "Mr Mudslide" says.... I like it when the snare cracks, that's why I bought a piccolo [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Nice beat. Are you using samples or midi? Or is it live playing?

Roy Howell 02-16-2003 09:46 AM

"Brian - I don't care what "Mr Mudslide" says.... I like it when the snare cracks"... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (That one got me, Mark... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

dummy20707/John,
Glad to see you accomplished your goal of doing 'Rite of Spring' w/ guitar, bass, and drums. (You mentioned doing this to me what, about a year ago?). The piece itself is not something I would listen to normally, but you did a very good job with it, in my opinion. After hearing the first raw punk songs you played me, I wasn't sure you could pull it off, but you definitely did, and I commend you for it. Good job, man... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Gene Backlin 02-16-2003 09:55 AM

steals - Thank you, it was not the original idea I had in mind, but that is how the tune played itself out.

Mark - "it gets a little loose on occasions", Yup, I agree. I did a morning after re-mix and tried to make a few tweaks. I know what track is out a bit, but I don't have the time at this point to do a re-take. It is not often I get as much time to play as I did for this one, I'm very grateful for the time I had. My wife has pointed that out ;-). Thank you so much for your kind words.

Take Care,
Gene

Capeach 02-16-2003 05:47 PM

Here's a group I recorded & produced over a year ago on the 001. It was one of 1st serious attempts. The band is doing quite well with it's CD sales.

I thought it was pretty good at the time but now I listen back and think I could have done so much more. What time will do.

http://www.experiencehuman.com/main.cfm?i=womb

http://www.experiencehuman.com/downloads/human_501.mp3
http://www.experiencehuman.com/downl..._beinghere.mp3
http://www.experiencehuman.com/downl...eenmorning.mp3

Karma Eng. 02-17-2003 12:13 AM

Hey all you can check out some of my bands stuff at http://www.mp3.com/catalyst-theory
This is my first project as a singer and had only been taking lessons for about 3 months at the point when this was recorded,we are getting ready to redo this stuff once our new bassist is worked in. I think the mix could've been better too but I found it hard to concentrate on since my vocals were not as good as I wanted them to be, and I do find it hard to mix my own stuff anyway. Any constructive comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking about using auto tune to correct some stuff on this and then relearning it from the fixed stuff. I did take some time and learn the vocal lines on guitar and practice them that way now which is helping alot. Sorry for the long post. My Mp3.com site

Micah777 02-17-2003 12:23 AM

steals- thanks for listening. I appreciate it.

Mark- The vocals may be a little low at the beginning but I don't like mixes that are all vocals and have instrumentation as an afterthought. I do agree with the lead being too loud. It sounded good blaring through my monitors but it sticks out a bit at normal volumes on other players. I would have fixed it but I wanted it done for today and I recorded it for free and I was tired. Too busy... maybe at times I just had some different ideas and after taking the time to record them it seems a waste to throw them out. I know that's what producing is all about but when your also the one taking the time and takes to record you want it in there. By the way, I've heard the song a 100 times and I still don't know what he says in some places.

steals 02-17-2003 12:52 AM

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Aussie169 02-17-2003 03:36 AM

Micah
I know what you mean about saying 'enough is enough' on the freebie sessions. Check out the 'something different' track on the first link listed below and you'll see what I mean [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Please take my comments as my opinions only. I ain't no pro and just call it like I hear it. And the 'busy' comment is just personal taste. But hey, I've been guilty of that myself more than once. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Micah777 02-17-2003 07:03 AM

Hey Mark,

I didn't take offense to any of your comments, I actually agreed with all of them to some extent. I appreciate you telling me what you heard. You should take another listen to it. I boosted the vocals a little and lowered the lead guitar. I also added EQ so the bass shows up a little more. I'm not so sure about the bass boost though. It sounds great through my monitors and good through my cd player but it's too bassy through my computer, but then again everything is bassy through my cheapo computer speakers.

Micah

NoviceDollars 02-17-2003 08:33 AM

new tune for my latest project called "cost of living"

Can't Sleep