Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   M Box 2 not working at all windows 7 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=261434)

lowlevelowls 12-14-2009 07:01 AM

M Box 2 not working at all windows 7

Hey Guys, Well I have a little problem. I am very new to Pro Tools. I know the software is not going to work with Windows 7, Ecspecially since I have old Protools 6.8

With that being said. I just want to use the M Box 2 that i just bought with some other kind of recording software, but when I plug in my Mbox nothing happens and no lights come on. Windows is not reading the Mbox correctly. Its giving me messsages that says "the installation is not complete" and also something about a needed audio driver.

I tried loading some other kind of recording software that works with Windows 7 and it still will not recognize the Mbox 2. Is there something I need to download or get, maybe a update or driver? I have no idea but I just want the Mbox 2 to power up and work. Please help! Thanks!

lowlevelowls 12-14-2009 07:43 AM

Re: M Box 2 not working at all windows 7

UPDATE - This is a brand new laptop with Windows 7. I had an old computer that I just sold with Windows XP yesterday and I plugged it into that one installed protools 6.8 which did not work and then the lights lit up. But they are not coming on at all on the new laptop with Windows 7.

pezguy 12-14-2009 08:59 AM

Pro Tools is not qualified with windows 7 yet. The ASIO driver that is used to communicate with non-PT recording software has not been updated either. If you absolutely need to use windows 7 you are kinda outta luck.

lowlevelowls 12-14-2009 10:39 AM

I heard that Sonar and Reaper now work with Windows 7 though. I just don't understand why the Mbox woul dnot work at all. I mean it s just connected by USB. Their has got to be a way I can just use my Mbox on Windows 7 with another kind of recording software. Anybody know how?

Benoni 12-14-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowlevelowls (Post 1512754)
I heard that Sonar and Reaper now work with Windows 7 though. I just don't understand why the Mbox woul dnot work at all. I mean it s just connected by USB. Their has got to be a way I can just use my Mbox on Windows 7 with another kind of recording software. Anybody know how?

When you plug the Mbox in, does Windows try to load drivers for it or not?

Studio One also works in windows 7.

Most DAWs do, most have free demos as well, so try them all and see what you like. Also it should not be much longer before PT is fully Windows 7 compatible, but you will need 8.0 as far as I know.

lowlevelowls 12-14-2009 07:05 PM

When I plug in my Mbox it does try and locate a driver, but it never finds one. No power or anything. When I try and use other recording software it does not show the Mbox or anything. I cannot even get a single light on this Mbox.

jazzmandan 12-15-2009 04:59 AM

My MBox does work as an audio interface in Reaper with Win 7 64bit. Trick is you first have to get the MBox installed which requires you to install PT LE. Which is apparently the problem you are having.

My short term fix was to Download Reaper (both 32bit and 64 bit versions). Then buy an Audio Device which has a Win 7 driver (for example an Audiophile 192). Then, like many others, while you wait for Digi to support Win 7 with the MBox, learn to use another recording application.:(

lowlevelowls 12-15-2009 06:39 AM

Well I have part of protools 6.8 setup, but it stops at the point where it says " Unable to locate your digidesign device". So it does not make sense. Protools cannot even find the Mbox.

TOM@METRO 12-15-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowlevelowls (Post 1513149)
Well I have part of protools 6.8 setup, but it stops at the point where it says " Unable to locate your digidesign device". So it does not make sense. Protools cannot even find the Mbox.

6.8 is a no go.Try the 7.xx ASIO driver on the Digi site.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...ticles&eid=609

But your best bet will be PT8 in W7.

sw rec 12-15-2009 08:14 AM

Since the first VISTA-compatible Pro Tools version was 7.4, I have a suspicion that you'll need at least 7.4 for Win 7 as well. At which point you might as well go for PT8.