Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How to Nudge on Macbook Pro? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=291628)

RTD 01-07-2011 03:11 PM

How to Nudge on Macbook Pro?

Hi,

I'm wondering how to use the Nudge key shortcuts on a Macbook Pro. They don't have the + and - keys. I don't have the number keys...

albee1952 01-07-2011 04:59 PM

Re: How to Nudge on Macbook Pro?

I don't have the definitive answer, but what about getting a USB numeric keyboard? They are cheap, small and portable:rolleyes:

RTD 01-07-2011 05:26 PM

Hmmm... Ok. I dont think a USB keyboard would be handy for me, because I work a lot with the combination of the mousepad and an USB mouse. The keyboard would be in my way.

I have heard of a program that can assign key commands to actions in pro tools. I dont know what program that is...

The Egg 01-07-2011 11:17 PM

I believe you can use the comma(less than) for left nudge and period(greater than) for right nudge. I think you need to be in command focus mode( the tiny A...Z box in the right upper right hand corner of the edit window).

RTD 01-08-2011 03:37 AM

Thanks The Egg. I needed to switch on AZ Mode (focus mode). I totally forgot about that function. Everything is working now!

acmost 01-08-2011 03:49 AM

Hey thanks for that...how about "Record" since there's no #3 on a Keypad? Command/Spacebar works...wondering if there's anything else(one key) TIA.

albee1952 01-08-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmost (Post 1732745)
Hey thanks for that...how about "Record" since there's no #3 on a Keypad? Command/Spacebar works...wondering if there's anything else(one key) TIA.

If you can turn off SPOTLIGHT, then F12 works for record. I also seem to remember that Ctrl-spacebar goes into record as well:rolleyes:

Stig Eliassen 01-08-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

I have heard of a program that can assign key commands to actions in pro tools. I dont know what program that is...
Mac OS X System preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse

You could also use QuicKeys, which is a macro program.

RTD 01-09-2011 01:41 PM

Yeah, the newest. But my problem is already solved by The Egg. I can nudge with the . and , keys. Or < and > keys.

rucontent 12-09-2011 10:38 AM

The egg....it seems like u got everyone sorted out but me. I have been trying to nudge for a couple weeks...i feel stupid...keyboard focus is highlighted...i have tried different grid settings,etc....

< and > do nothing..... what am i doing wrong?