Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Back and Play available in artist? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=421852)

wickett 10-01-2022 12:31 PM

Back and Play available in artist?

Back and play is not working in Pro Tools Artist. Is this still a feature of ultimate only?

Darryl Ramm 10-01-2022 01:15 PM

Re: Back and Play available in artist?

Ultimate only. Just search for this in the Reference Guide.

wickett 10-02-2022 01:51 PM

Yes I saw that thanks. Just checking as I thought ultimate didn't exist anymore

Darryl Ramm 10-04-2022 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickett (Post 2649048)
Yes I saw that thanks. Just checking as I thought ultimate didn't exist anymore

Flex is a marketing package around Ultimate. Ultimate very much still exists as the Pro Tools product in Flex.

wwittman 10-04-2022 11:09 AM

this is one of those "features" that, because it's in no way dependent on hardware, there's no reason for it to be Ultimate only.

totally arbitrary

wickett 10-05-2022 10:50 AM

It's a shame I can't use a function labelled on my dock transport. I would have hoped that paying the price of the hardware would have automatically unlocked the labelled functions and features

JingleDjango 10-05-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickett (Post 2649433)
It's a shame I can't use a function labelled on my dock transport. I would have hoped that paying the price of the hardware would have automatically unlocked the labelled functions and features

Sounds like a fair expectation.

wickett 10-05-2022 11:46 AM

Luckily I have a label printer

originalscottyg 10-05-2022 11:53 AM

You bring up a good point.

I feel like Back and Play was previously tied to the Icon series (D Command & D Control) and wasn't even available in Pro Tools HD (pre Ultimate) as a key command or menu command without having the consoles, which were HD only.

Once that command made it into EuCon, was it still only an Ultimate feature? There is still no default key command or menu command, but it can be programmed into the Custom Keyboard Shortcuts panel. I don't have access to Studio or Artist; is Back and Play still an Ultimate-only feature even with EuCon hardware? Or is it also available in Studio?

I agree with the OP that if someones owns a Dock, and that Dock works with Artist, then the EuCon command that is visibly labelled on the surface should work.

Darryl Ramm 10-05-2022 12:04 PM

I suspect (hope) you are going to get more traction complaining to the EUCON side of the house... maybe time to chase down Eddie Jones.