Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Getting License Card Authorization onto iLok V1, in PT 11 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=342435)

lowlights 07-27-2013 05:02 PM

Getting License Card Authorization onto iLok V1, in PT 11

I'm on Win 7, with iLok Manager, running PT 10.3.6 and PT 11 with an iLok 2. I also have an old iLok 1 which is empty.

I bought some Avid plugin licenses (Impact and Reverb One) on Ebay, which came with GSM card authorization. Thought this would be no problem, as iLok Manager or PT 11 would still "see" the iLok 1.

While PT 10.3.6 or 11 asks me to authorize the plugins as it loads them, it only sees the iLok 2 (where the PT 10/11 bundle license is). I thought of transferring PT 10 of the bundle over to the iLok 1, to run PT 10 on the iLok 1, so that I can get this authorization sorted. But no can do.

I figured once the two licenses are on the iLok 1,I could deactivate and then move 'em to the iLok 2 and ta-da, right as rain. No such luck.

Anyone got a workaround? HELP?

musicman691 07-28-2013 03:40 AM

Re: Getting License Card Authorization onto iLok V1, in PT 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowlights (Post 2067502)
I'm on Win 7, with iLok Manager, running PT 10.3.6 and PT 11 with an iLok 2. I also have an old iLok 1 which is empty.

I bought some Avid plugin licenses (Impact and Reverb One) on Ebay, which came with GSM card authorization. Thought this would be no problem, as iLok Manager or PT 11 would still "see" the iLok 1.

While PT 10.3.6 or 11 asks me to authorize the plugins as it loads them, it only sees the iLok 2 (where the PT 10/11 bundle license is). I thought of transferring PT 10 of the bundle over to the iLok 1, to run PT 10 on the iLok 1, so that I can get this authorization sorted. But no can do.

I figured once the two licenses are on the iLok 1,I could deactivate and then move 'em to the iLok 2 and ta-da, right as rain. No such luck.

Anyone got a workaround? HELP?

You can't split the combo of PT10/PT11 license assets.

lowlights 07-28-2013 04:02 PM

Yep - that's the problem in a nutshell. Can't move just the PT 10 portion of the license BACK onto an iLok 1. I guess since it's really just "one" license (but we call it two). iLok manager simply doesn't recognize iLok 1 as a valid repository.

Oh well, I ended up returning the GSM authorization cards and ended up buying the licenses as authorization codes (so much easier!). I had hoped for an easy work-around, but outside of reinstalling PT 8 or such onto a different machine, just to use the iLok 1 again and putting them there ... well, too much of a hassle.

Thanks everyone for giving it a go.

Abomb97 11-26-2013 07:56 AM

I'm kinda in the same boat here. I bought a Reverb One authorization card on Ebay. I launched pro tools 10 (I have 10/11) off my iLok2 and then plugged a second iLok1 in the computer with the authorization GSM in the back.

After a few prompts protools and Reverb One seemed to accept the GSM authorization.

When I pull the GSM out, Reverb One still works in both PT 10 & 11 with the iLok1 also plugged in. Ilok manager doesnt see the authorization though to transfer it to my ilok2.

What should I do?

Thanks,
J