Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=354988)

Righty27 05-26-2014 02:09 AM

Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar

I've not seen any comments here on the Avid Everywhere for audio webinar a few days ago. Did anyone 'attend' or know where we can watch this after the event?

This is all I've found - basically slick demo of what has been shown already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgR8o4puxU

Elsewhere, there's talk of a new PT release this year, track freeze being included in both HD and 'vanilla' versions, subscriptions, etc. Anyone have more?

Benoni 05-26-2014 11:33 AM

Re: Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righty27 (Post 2159348)
I've not seen any comments here on the Avid Everywhere for audio webinar a few days ago. Did anyone 'attend' or know where we can watch this after the event?

This is all I've found - basically slick demo of what has been shown already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgR8o4puxU

Elsewhere, there's talk of a new PT release this year, track freeze being included in both HD and 'vanilla' versions, subscriptions, etc. Anyone have more?

The on-demand replay is supposed to be posted in about a week after the live webinar.

Righty27 05-27-2014 03:51 AM

Thanks Brian - maybe in the next day or two, as you suggest?

Doesn't look like many from DUC attended - I'm mostly interested in the direction Avid are taking licensing. I believe it's already been stated that subscription will only be an option and we can continue to upgrade our existing licences. Hopefully, upgrades will be priced realistically, as opposed to 'incentivising' users towards the new model.

I also wonder how this will affect Avid's approach to major upgrades e.g. will the 'Avid Everywhere' technology be introduced in Pro Tools 12 - assuming subscriptions include upgrades, more regular major releases could become expensive?!

Jay_uk 05-27-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righty27 (Post 2159584)

Doesn't look like many from DUC attended - I'm mostly interested in the direction Avid are taking licensing. I believe it's already been stated that subscription will only be an option and we can continue to upgrade our existing licences. Hopefully, upgrades will be priced realistically, as opposed to 'incentivising' users towards the new model.

I also wonder how this will affect Avid's approach to major upgrades e.g. will the 'Avid Everywhere' technology be introduced in Pro Tools 12 - assuming subscriptions include upgrades, more regular major releases could become expensive?!

+1
Just posted something similar in another thread

Benoni 05-27-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righty27 (Post 2159584)

I don't know exactly when. But in the webinar chat, Avid said the replay would be up in about a week.

I can ask and see if there is a rough estimate when it will be posted.

Bruce Paine 05-27-2014 12:29 PM

The replay will be available sometime this week, but we don' have an exact day yet. We will post it to the announcements forum, and also will send out an email to everyone that signed up for the live broadcast, but may not have been able to attend.

Righty27 05-27-2014 12:32 PM

Thank you Bruce.

Benoni 05-29-2014 09:03 AM

The webiner replay is up now

Righty27 05-29-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2160203)
The webiner replay is up now

Cheers Brian!

musicman691 05-29-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Paine (Post 2159691)
The replay will be available sometime this week, but we don' have an exact day yet. We will post it to the announcements forum, and also will send out an email to everyone that signed up for the live broadcast, but may not have been able to attend.

I signed up for the live broadcast but never got an email on the day of the webcast saying anything about it.