Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Corrupted Floppy Authorizers (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=22224)

john1192 11-27-2001 11:29 AM

Corrupted Floppy Authorizers

I have a half dozen floppies that show up corrupt in several different computers and floppy drives, (internal g3 300 and super drive), also, my copy of Amp Farm that has been on the same computer for 2 years will not recognize its own floppy authorizer. It tells me that the computer is not authorized and in my hand is the authorizer I used with the date and computer written on it when it was authorized. I get an error code 105 which is a reference to a pirate utility taking over my disk. All my corrupted floppies show this. On the other hand I have floppies that work just fine. Any help ?

fabian 11-28-2001 03:52 AM

Re: Corrupted Floppy Authorizers

This happened to me recently. The Pace copy protection claims to detect a piracy utility (must be a Pace bug) and destroys any authorizer disks you use in that computer.

You will have to ask your dealer (or Digi) to get replacement disks to you.

I would far rather have a dongle!!

Just think, we are subsidising all those using cracked plugs and then it's us not them who suffer the burden of weeks of downtime when the copy protect goes wrong. I hope iLok turns out to be more reliable.

George Massenburg won't even release his EQ plug for TDM (not the Sony plug btw) for fear of piracy!

DigiTechSupt 11-28-2001 07:02 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by john1192:
I have a half dozen floppies that show up corrupt in several different computers and floppy drives...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Scan all drives and floppies for the presence of a virus. Repair any and all corrupted files.

Brent

Renie 11-28-2001 09:48 AM

This issue seems so common, I had it myself on my one and only PT Mac upgrade, it's such a particularly unpleasant experience having bought everything and then being told by some slanderous poxy computer that you're corrupted by piracy. Actually Digi UK were very helpful about it and sorted me out. I am upgrading next year and this issue is my top dread. I hope that the situation will be improved by then.

john1192 11-28-2001 10:15 AM

well, I just did another virus and system check and all items passed and were clean...I need an Amp Farm working on this computer in 2 days or I will have to purchase it again to get sessions back up and running. This is not a cheap program. Tech phone support could only offer to send me new disks but they do not have any right now so that is not a good solution. I hear that about buying these plugins and we are the ones having the problems. I am going to get an Ilok today but that is only going to help with a few plugs....Digi help us please...I now have several plugs trapped on a computer that does not have any Digi hardware in it...I think we need to look at the way the program handles plugins...maybe more of a Logic style and isnt Ilok just going backwards to a DONGLE..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

DigiTechSupt 11-29-2001 07:10 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by john1192:
Tech phone support could only offer to send me new disks but they do not have any right now so that is not a good solution. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-If possible, connect the currently authorized drive to the new system until we can get you replacement authorization disks.

Brent

john1192 11-29-2001 08:11 AM

wish that was a solution bu the computers are in 2 different places. Is it possible to authorize a drive twice...because that is what I will be doing when I get fresh disks? . And is it possible that the drive has unauthorized itself? Could that really happen? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] I am going to see Tom G. today so I will lay this on him too....he should love this one again.....thanks Brent.

DigiTechSupt 11-30-2001 07:16 AM

Is it possible to authorize a drive twice...because that is what I will be doing when I get fresh disks?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Yes you can. However, I might first attempt authorizing another drive in the system in case their are some issues with the version of PACE currently installed on the drive.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>And is it possible that the drive has unauthorized itself? Could that really happen?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-As mentioned above, it is possible something got corrupted at a low level of the drive with PACE. Unfortunately, this is something that cannot be fixed with a low-level format.

Brent

john1192 11-30-2001 01:56 PM

thanks Brent, I received an Amp Farm disk in the mail last night so I will use that one, but I am still SOL with two Bruno/Reso, one Digitranslator, one d3, and one D-verb...Showed my problem to Tom G. yesterday and he was at loss also. Stranger things have happened though. Anything you guys can do about the other authorizers would be great.

john1192 12-05-2001 10:49 AM

i guess i need to respond to myself to get to the head of the class....again is there anything you can do for my other corrupt authorizers???please email if you cannot respond here in DUC [email protected] thanks Brent