Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Updated to HD Driver 2021.7.0 yet still no HD Native available to select for output (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418087)

Focuret 12-06-2021 07:29 PM

Updated to HD Driver 2021.7.0 yet still no HD Native available to select for output

I've just updated macOS to Monterey after being on Big Sur. The HD Driver doesn't seem to work at all. It doesn't show as an output device in macOS. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted the computer, ran the touch command in Terminal and still no luck. Any idea how to get the HD Native/HD Omni to work as a sound output?

Sardi 12-06-2021 07:52 PM

Re: Updated to HD Driver 2021.7.0 yet still no HD Native available to select for outp

Mac OS Monterey is not supported.

Your best bet is to roll back to Big Sur. If you want to try your luck and persist with Monterey, try a reinstall of the HD driver.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ation-on-macOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

off the wall 12-06-2021 08:03 PM

Re: Updated to HD Driver 2021.7.0 yet still no HD Native available to select for outp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focuret (Post 2621577)
I've just updated macOS to Monterey after being on Big Sur. The HD Driver doesn't seem to work at all. It doesn't show as an output device in macOS. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted the computer, ran the touch command in Terminal and still no luck. Any idea how to get the HD Native/HD Omni to work as a sound output?

That was a mistake. Monterey is not approved for Pro Tools and even those who have gotten it to work, many plug-ins crash Pro Tools on launch. Also you aren’t even using the latest driver.

Focuret 12-06-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2621579)
Mac OS Monterey is not supported.

Your best bet is to roll back to Big Sur. If you want to try your luck and persist with Monterey, try a reinstall of the HD driver.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ation-on-macOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I upgraded because it wasn’t working on Big Sur. The odd thing is that it used to work fine but suddenly wasn't working. On big Sur when I uninstalled and reinstalled, it would work after it's installed and asking you to restart to finish. If I don't restart then it works.

Focuret 12-06-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by off the wall (Post 2621580)
That was a mistake. Monterey is not approved for Pro Tools and even those who have gotten it to work, many plug-ins crash Pro Tools on launch. Also you aren’t even using the latest driver.

What is the latest driver and how do I get it? That's what was in my available downloads.

I updated to Monterey because the driver wasn't working on big Sur either.

_JJ_ 12-06-2021 08:36 PM

Be sure that "prefs" >> "security and privacy" is not blocking the driver from being fully installed. Sometimes you need to go there to give the installer permission to finish the job.

Eric Lambert 12-06-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focuret (Post 2621577)

Which Driver installation file did you use, the separate download, or the one which is included in the ProTools installation itself? I had terrible trouble with the separate download and never got it to work whereas the one included with PT worked right away.

I don't know if that's your issue, but it was mine. Maybe Avid has fixed all the Driver installers by this point.

Focuret 12-07-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2621584)
Which Driver installation file did you use, the separate download, or the one which is included in the ProTools installation itself? I had terrible trouble with the separate download and never got it to work whereas the one included with PT worked right away.

I don't know if that's your issue, but it was mine. Maybe Avid has fixed all the Driver installers by this point.

I used the one in the downloads section of my PT section at my.avid. So I supposed that's the separate download. If there is a newer driver than the one in my downloads, can I get a link or instructions on how to get it?

Focuret 12-07-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _JJ_ (Post 2621583)
Be sure that "prefs" >> "security and privacy" is not blocking the driver from being fully installed. Sometimes you need to go there to give the installer permission to finish the job.

nothing out of place there.

Darryl Ramm 12-07-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focuret (Post 2621710)
nothing out of place there.

What does that mean? Did you enable the driver there in the past? The option to do so disappears after 30 minutes so you won't see "nothing out of place there" unless you rerun the installer.