Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Chris Cavell 07-30-2003 08:14 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Chris,

I just fixed the link. BTW, the pics show that you've been busy down there! That place is really starting to look sweeeeet! (especially for a project studio)

Your army friends' cover tune: sounds like it was a blast to track, but in all honesty, there's a bit lacking in their musical skill, especially in the vox. Bet it was a real blast to work on though!

Your new guitar pre: Love it, reminds me of the late 80's/early 90's. I can't wait to hear it on something a bit more developed.

So, I might have to get some help with all this HTML and hosting junk. I've got most of the hardware side of setting things up down pat, but I still feel like I don't really have a clue! Perhaps some tips or help from da Basstard could come my way in exchange for bigtime gratefulness!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

IntelDoc 07-30-2003 08:39 PM

Chris,
AIR FORCE DARN IT ALL!
Ya , they are really good friends of mine. Used to work with the singer. A really good F-16 pilot whom I have been in the jet with many times. SICK AS A DAWG too! I understand what ya mean though. They are good guys, but not full on with somethings. He strains alot with the vocals to emulate people. Some good, some bad. Does dave matthews rather well actually. Ya, they sent me the tune with just the raw waves on it. Like I said they recorded it in Cool Edit Pro and the drums had NO SOUND! It was fun, and I think that I tightened it up some. Good times for all!

As for the Boogie! That thing is a BEAST! I love it, and for 300 bucks it was a no brainer! Brand new tubes, been checked out and all. That is the sound that I like too. None of this totally clear stuff. I have Amplitube and can get that if so desired. Gotta get that ole' school sound, and it is capable of great bluesy stuff too. And of course heavy Tool sounds too. Love it!

Ya, the studio is pic'n up. Just need a few more toys and I am golden. Those pics were cool though. Maybe I will put them in my signature? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Let me listen to your tune now..

IntelDoc 07-30-2003 08:56 PM

Chris,
Love the upright bass. Sounds great for not being cleaned up at all. Is the piano real or keyboard? Sounds great! Dig the brushes....

What mics? Details amigo!

-Doc

Off to bed to get ready for 3 day bike race in Altoona, PA this weekend. Pain and Suffering here I come..

Chris Cavell 07-30-2003 09:07 PM

Chris,

Steinway B Grand (the real thing!) with an AKG C426B in MS config mic'd pretty darn close, a bit too close for my taste. I wish I'd raised it a couple inches. (Frank Vincent on piano, jazz professor at Eastman in Cincinatti for more than twice as long as I've been alive)

Upright Bass was a single original AKG C451e within inches of top of the left (players left) f-hole. (Bill Grimes on bass, Assistant Dean at the Louisiana State University School of Music)

Drums had an Audix D1 on snare, a D112 on kick, and a pair of akgSE300's with cardioid capsules for OH's. (Jonathan Grimes on drums, Bill's 18/19 year old son!!!)

I tracked a lot more than this, but that's all I used in that mix. I had about 8 tracks muted. I felt the superclean sound and subtle mixing just felt better with these guys. I can't wait to master it. I'll work on a more specific reply to the e-mail you sent me a while back on MeKong? Maybe attach some of my waves starter presets as well. Good Luck in that bike race! Talk to you soon.

--Chris

IntelDoc 07-30-2003 09:20 PM

Thanks man, and cool deal on the song... Very easy to listen to. Any REAL BOOK used by chance??? May have to look into some of those mics too... Got a fetish for mics these days.. Always buying.. Need a few GREAT ones..

So far I am using:
1 x RODE NTK
7 x SM-57
2 x Oktava Mk-012
2 x Oktava MK-319
1 x D112
(Project Studio.. haha)
Want a Nuemann, and possibly a Blue Baby Bottle or two. Maybe nexy month though. Getting my old guitar back this week. Cannot wait! The Original Shredder from back in the day. My first child (and only one that I know of) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

See ya!

GZUZIZLORD 07-30-2003 10:00 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Check out my mixes and mastered by me at www.1gentertainment.com

WARNING: CHRISTIAN RAP MAY CAUSE YOU TO REPENT!!!

cwhite771 07-30-2003 10:54 PM

... h0ly ****, kris [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

..oh yeah, germ, I'm really diggin' those grooves... great stuff.
---
c

archtop 07-30-2003 11:50 PM

Chris

wow, nice open airy REAL sounding mix.

now that your broadband ,we will be needing pic's of your castle/palace/Record Plant [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

did you check out my previous post

PUG

archtop 07-30-2003 11:53 PM

Intel doc

Basement link's don't work

archtop 07-31-2003 12:02 AM

wow
now it's gone, I thought it was a good point Kris