Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Confused about Plug-in Bundle - Please help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413205)

paul_g 12-14-2020 04:01 PM

Confused about Plug-in Bundle - Please help

I just purchased a 1 year Subscription to Pro Tools:
1-Year Subscription Crossgrade from Perpetual
1 Year Standard Support

First off, I opened a case with Avid, because when I called the support number I entered my system ID (found in my account) and it said I wasn't entitled to support. I'm guessing, due to WFH and Covid they're probably many days behind getting entitlements setup. Understood... but that's my guess.

Secondly, I noticed some old BF-3A plugins in older sessions were not active. I looked on-line and saw the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle is included with Pro Tools Subscription plans, yet I do not have these plugins in my selection.

Is there something I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated

64GTOBOY 12-14-2020 04:16 PM

Re: Confused about Plug-in Bundle - Please help

Did you upgrade? I don't know how recently you have installed PT but I do know that in my products section the Plugins bundle is a separate download/installation from PT itself.

paul_g 12-14-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY (Post 2587415)
Did you upgrade? I don't know how recently you have installed PT but I do know that in my products section the Plugins bundle is a separate download/installation from PT itself.

I was eligable for a crossgrade upgrade with monthly subscription. I can see the Avid Complete Plugin-bundle in my iLok Cloud, which is weird. But they don't show up in ProTools..

I literally just purchased the subscription last night, and did the download and install today. There are no additional installer files.

jeffro 12-14-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_g (Post 2587413)
...I opened a case with Avid, because when I called the support number I entered my system ID (found in my account) and it said I wasn't entitled to support...

Pro Tools Subscriptions include "Unlimited online technical support, billing and account help (up to one business day response time)" so please start/update cases in my.avid.com > Access The Support Center.
Quote:

I noticed some old BF-3A plugins in older sessions were not active. I looked on-line and saw the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle is included with Pro Tools Subscription plans, yet I do not have these plugins in my selection...
The Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle (with BF-3A, etc.) is included, so make sure you run the installer (from my.avid.com/products > Pro Tools > VIEW.... -or- Avid Link) and activate the iLok license.

paul_g 12-14-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2587418)
Pro Tools Subscriptions include "Unlimited online technical support, billing and account help (up to one business day response time)" so please start/update cases in my.avid.com > Access The Support Center.

The Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle (with BF-3A, etc.) is included, so make sure you run the installer (from my.avid.com/products > Pro Tools > VIEW.... -or- Avid Link) and activate the iLok license.

Hi Jeffro, I did open a support case on-line, so thank you for that.

I see the folly of my ways, I saw my downloads the latest, then I saw Legacy. I didn't bother looking at any of the sub-sections because I figured everything under legacy was just that. But WAAAAAY at the bottom of the page is:

Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle 18.10... I'll give that a shot! Thank you for your support and replying so quickly. It's very appreciated.

BusyBoxSt7 10-15-2021 11:42 AM

Just FYI, you might want to look into some other LA3A/2A/1176 options. Bomb Factory plugins were develops ~20 years ago at the dawn of plugins basically. Emulation has come a long way since then.