Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Interfaces (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Aurora 16/LT-HD Card (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414522)

basslik 03-16-2021 06:30 PM

Aurora 16/LT-HD Card

Good day everyone,
I really need to upgrade from my old Digi 003 console.
Will PT2020.19 (VANILLA) play nice with the Aurora 16 with the LT-HD Card.
Running a Mac Pro 5,1.

If not is there an alternative newer interface ranging in the $1,500 range considering I don't have thunderbolt.
thank you.

Benny_Cha_Cha 03-17-2021 08:38 PM

Re: Aurora 16/LT-HD Card

Yes that setup should work fine. I used to have a similar one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29CountsNY 03-18-2021 04:17 AM

I do not believe that PT Vanilla will recognize an Aurora with the LT-HD card. Only Ultimate will see the HD interfaces. You could get it with the USB card and it works well. I have the Aurora with both but I use Ultimate. But for awhile I used the Aurora with ultimate and the the USB card and it worked flawlessly also.

basslik 03-18-2021 03:56 PM

Okay how about the Aurora with the AES16e?

thank you both.

Benny_Cha_Cha 03-18-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29CountsNY (Post 2596435)
I do not believe that PT Vanilla will recognize an Aurora with the LT-HD card. Only Ultimate will see the HD interfaces. You could get it with the USB card and it works well. I have the Aurora with both but I use Ultimate. But for awhile I used the Aurora with ultimate and the the USB card and it worked flawlessly also.

Good point. Sorry about that. I have an HD Native system.

basslik 03-18-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha (Post 2596537)
Good point. Sorry about that. I have an HD Native system.

Make sense.

I take it the AES16e Will work since it will be seen as aggregate ?

29CountsNY 03-19-2021 06:43 AM

It should. I have a friend that uses the Aurora with the AES card in non-ultimate pro tools and it works well for him. The Aurora monitoring app works well with AES card and also gives the ability to setup monitoring for the talent outside of Pro Tools if I remember correctly.

basslik 03-20-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29CountsNY (Post 2596582)
It should. I have a friend that uses the Aurora with the AES card in non-ultimate pro tools and it works well for him. The Aurora monitoring app works well with AES card and also gives the ability to setup monitoring for the talent outside of Pro Tools if I remember correctly.

Thank you all. Great to know. looking forward to better convertors.

I wonder if I can still use the DIGI 003 console in the chain. I like to be able to switch monitoring on the alt button. Also hit the mono button. Then again that probably defeats the purpose of using the convertors on playback.