Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Pro tools 9 and Kontakt 4 - waaaaayyy too many stuck notes (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=314494)

John_Toolbox 12-29-2011 02:48 PM

Pro tools 9 and Kontakt 4 - waaaaayyy too many stuck notes

I am doing some very basic CC automation on some Kontakt 4 patches, basically just turning stuff on and off with 2 CCs, so they are just changing value one digit at a time. The CC automation changes are not happening anywhere near any notes, they occur at least one measure before the notes start playing. With almost every pass of playback, I get at least one or two stuck notes. This is not a complex session at all, and I'm not overloading the CPU.

Anyone ever run into this? I do not have this problem with Logic, so I'm wondering if other people are having the same issue with PT9.

bradp 04-28-2012 12:30 PM

Re: Pro tools 9 and Kontakt 4 - waaaaayyy too many stuck notes

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Toolbox (Post 1883248)
I am doing some very basic CC automation on some Kontakt 4 patches, basically just turning stuff on and off with 2 CCs, so they are just changing value one digit at a time. The CC automation changes are not happening anywhere near any notes, they occur at least one measure before the notes start playing. With almost every pass of playback, I get at least one or two stuck notes. This is not a complex session at all, and I'm not overloading the CPU.

Anyone ever run into this? I do not have this problem with Logic, so I'm wondering if other people are having the same issue with PT9.

although im using pt10hd native and komplete 8, i get stuck notes after stopping playback of a midi track... havnt done too much testing yet...
wonder if its a kontact thing?

noah330 04-30-2012 04:46 PM

Also Kontakt 5/Komplete 8 user. However, I was experiencing this (as well as sluggish performance to the point of ditching my Mac Pro for a new one) until I uninstalled and reinstalled on a separate drive.

John_Toolbox 05-05-2012 03:29 PM

You mean you're running the kontakt app on a separate drive from the os, or that you reinstalled the os and programs on a different drive?

I just did a complete reinstall of my os and programs from scratch and I'm amazed at how fast my machine boots again. Got rid of a lot of annoying glitches in other software as well. I will test this same session again and see if the stuck notes are still there.

bradp 05-05-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Toolbox (Post 1928412)
You mean you're running the kontakt app on a separate drive from the os, or that you reinstalled the os and programs on a different drive?

I just did a complete reinstall of my os and programs from scratch and I'm amazed at how fast my machine boots again. Got rid of a lot of annoying glitches in other software as well. I will test this same session again and see if the stuck notes are still there.

john, i thought your end line (signature quote?) was super funny! thats a good one only midi heads would get !!!!! lololol