Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Possible bug: MIDI Event list program change (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=252805)

flommer 08-23-2009 11:17 PM

Possible bug: MIDI Event list program change

Trying to insert a program change in the MIDI event list

I can insert the prg change if I choose the prg # and bank number manually..

but if I click on the right-hand portion of the field, the patch change dialog comes up. When I click "done", the dialog closes and the view is back to the MIDI event list, but it isn't displaying correctly (remnants of the prg change insertion fields are visible on top of the event list), the prg change event is not inserted, and clicking in that window causes a crash.. Changing to another window and then back to the Event list avoids the crash, but no prg change is inserted...

Looking for confirmation...

musicalavtech 08-24-2009 02:50 AM

Re: Possible bug: MIDI Event list program change

Mine displayed fine, however it crashed as well.

tamasdragon 08-26-2009 01:06 AM

Can you upload a session file, or post a step by step repro?
It seems to working fine here.
Although I would be able to test it only at the next week, I will test it further if you want.
TD

flommer 08-26-2009 09:32 AM

Create new session (24/41, wav)

create 1 new MIDI track

open MIDI Event List

click on the menu arrow, choose insert>program change

in the small dialog box that opens, click under "length/info"

The Patch select dialog appears

pick a patch number, click done

At this point, the position fields (bar-beat numbers) from the original small dialog are still visible, and can still be selected and changed. Doing so then hitting enter either causes a crash or makes the little dialog disappear with no program change entered. clicking in the gray header area seems to always cause a crash..

Basically, it seems as if it is not exiting the patch dialog correctly, as at that point it should be done creating the prg change entry, and no prg change is created and the MIDI event list window becomes unstable..

Tritonemusic 08-26-2009 10:30 AM

I just tried hitting the Enter button when the field was still selected (ready for data entry). After a few seconds of the spinning beachball, PT crashed. I'm using the latest version of PT8.

flommer 09-08-2009 10:09 PM

Wanted to add this this still isn't working correctly in 8.0.1, but it doesn't seem to be crashing PT anymore... (at least for me)

It just isn't inserting any program change event when using the patch change pop-up..

If you type in the patch and bank number, it will add the change...

tamasdragon 09-09-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flommer (Post 1447947)
Create new session (24/41, wav)

create 1 new MIDI track

open MIDI Event List

click on the menu arrow, choose insert>program change

in the small dialog box that opens, click under "length/info"

The Patch select dialog appears

pick a patch number, click done

At this point, the position fields (bar-beat numbers) from the original small dialog are still visible, and can still be selected and changed. Doing so then hitting enter either causes a crash or makes the little dialog disappear with no program change entered. clicking in the gray header area seems to always cause a crash..

Basically, it seems as if it is not exiting the patch dialog correctly, as at that point it should be done creating the prg change entry, and no prg change is created and the MIDI event list window becomes unstable..

It is confirmed here. Exactly the same, except that on my 8.0.1 it does not become unstable, does not crash, but does not insert anything.
Tamas Dragon