Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   adjusting volume of track with vol auto on it (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=149646)

Equality 7-2521 10-21-2005 12:18 AM

adjusting volume of track with vol auto on it

hey there. i feel like this is a stupid question but...

i know about highlighting the entire track and using the trimmer tool to adjust the overall volume of the track that has volume automation on it. i was wondering is there an easier way where i dont have to switch to the edit window and do all that clicking? it would be good to be able to just specify that i want to change the overall volume and then be able to just adjust the track fader.

if someone can tell me the workaround or direct me to somewhere in the manual it would be greatly apreciated.

cheers.

Rail Jon Rogut 10-21-2005 12:39 AM

Re: adjusting volume of track with vol auto on it

TRIM automation mode is a TDM only feature. You may find it easier to use an Aux Track as a master.

Rail

Equality 7-2521 10-21-2005 12:45 AM

mmm sounds like even more of hassle to have a seperate aux track as a master for every audio track that has vol automation on it!

trim automation is tdm only? i thought trim automation is what pt LE has where you highlight and then use the trimmer tool cos thats what i do on my LE system at the moment. is trim automation feature of tdm different? how does it work?

Rail Jon Rogut 10-21-2005 12:59 AM

TRIM automation in TDM land works like on an SSL.. you enter TRIM mode for a fader.. it snaps to a null point.. the fader knob turns yellow.. and you can trim the automation up and down with the fader.

Rail

Equality 7-2521 10-21-2005 03:25 AM

man they should have included this in PT LE 7. a simple feature but so useful. id use it all the time. thanks anyway Rail.

bb_aus 10-21-2005 04:00 AM

hate to state the obvious but you do know crtl+A will highlight the entire track, its not that much clicking
a trim plug-in is the simplest work around

markblasco 10-21-2005 01:16 PM

If you have any plugins on the track you can adjust the volume there. That will give you an overall volume adjustment without making any changes to the automation whatsoever.

will the moor 10-22-2005 01:36 PM

I never thought of using a plug-in for this cause, well, I'm slow. thanks for posting it.

Sonar has two 'volume' controls per track. one for volume (automatable) and one for 'gain'. do all your automation with the volume and adjust the over all with the gain. It's the only sonar feature I still miss two years later. I would be very happy were this ever to be incorporated into PT (I know shane, I know. I'm headed to the FR form...:) ).

Will