Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   your opinions about LEXIVERB x TC Mega Reverb (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=30929)

Alécio Costa 06-05-2003 10:00 PM

your opinions about LEXIVERB x TC Mega Reverb

Hi folks! What are your impressions comparing these 2 nice plug-ins for Mix systems?

I myself have just started evaluating them, but to me seems that plates and rooms are nicer with the Lexiverb while more dense and thicker halls are slightly better with TC.
Hope to hear your opinions and usage with vocals, strings, drums, keys.

Thanks
Nice friday
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Major Tom 06-06-2003 07:02 PM

Re: your opinions about LEXIVERB x TC Mega Reverb

Hi,

Both are great plugins... I would choose the TC over the Lexicon mainly because the Lexiverb is not and probably will never be available for PTHD... That annoyed me greatly since I had this great fat plate setup with the Lexiverb on my MIX+ system... Oh well... I now love the Reverb One!

take care...

Major Tom 06-06-2003 07:05 PM

Hi,

Both are great plugins... I would choose the TC over the Lexicon mainly because the Lexiverb is not and probably will never be available for PTHD... That annoyed me greatly since I had this great fat plate setup with the Lexiverb on my MIX+ system... Oh well... I now love the Reverb One!

take care...

Alécio Costa 06-07-2003 01:05 AM

Thanks Major!
What about the other current MIX users?

Zownd 06-07-2003 01:26 AM

Reverb one

BradLyons 06-07-2003 02:30 AM

I also agree about liking the TC plugin over the Lexiverb. The Lexicon plugin is very good, but honestly I do prefer the TC sound myself.... HOWEVER after using ReverbOne, it's over.... get ReverbOne whether you're on Mix or HD, it's awesome.

Burt 06-07-2003 04:51 PM

I got TC Megaverb bundled with my Mix system years ago. But since I upgraded to OS X / PT 6 I haven't seen anything about this plug... has it been discontinued?

Burt

Felix 06-07-2003 05:36 PM

for big reverbs like halls, neither one even touches Reverb One. i'd prefer Reverb One for any reverb type normally. Lexiverb has some nice odd type reverbs and delays.

tubajay 06-07-2003 07:36 PM

Alecio,

I have both, and say its close: 60% LexiVerb, and the rest TC, but that's cos I haven't been using long(er) reverbs (church, etc.) where as mentioned earlier, the TC outperforms.

Having one or more old DSP farms is great for Lexiverb - you can save a lot of DSP in a mix situation. I haven't tried ReverbOne, but would like to have another choice, aside from TrueVerb, which never gets used...

Have an awesome weekend - what weather! and the fishing: now for a couple of beautiful lake trout for dinner [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

c-tone 06-08-2003 11:14 AM

Burt wrote:
Quote:

I got TC Megaverb bundled with my Mix system years ago. But since I upgraded to OS X / PT 6 I haven't seen anything about this plug... has it been discontinued?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Me too. They only package MegaReverb in a bundle of software now (TC Tools). I spoke with TC about upgrading only the MegaReverb and they said that they might be able to work something out, but I haven't followed up since I now have ReverbOne.
Try contacting TC directly to see what they might do.