PDA

View Full Version : How do you insert blank space at start of song??

pedrohead
05-20-2002, 06:37 AM
Hey there,
Well I have a song going and I realized pretty late that I want to insert an elongated intro at the beginning of the song, but I didn't allow room for it. Is there a way to insert more space at the beginning of the song, or move all the tracks farther ahead in time without the tracks losing their syncronicity, automation, or verse/chorus time identifiers??

Swaphappy
05-20-2002, 06:49 AM
Just select all the tracks and then use the grabber(hand)to drag them to the right.
There are more precise ways but that is
my simple approach.

soundsurfr
05-20-2002, 08:57 AM
To be a little more precise about it, make sure you're in grid mode. Set the grid for one measure, then select all and move with the grabber or the nudge tool. (If you use the nudge tool, make sure you set the value for it first).

Mr_Seven
05-20-2002, 10:08 AM
Select all and choose shift from the edit menu. Everything will move save the markers.

mattm
05-20-2002, 11:20 AM
if you need to move the markers along with the audio/midi, do this

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">in the Groups list, click on All so that it is highlighted. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">place the cursor anywhere in the Edit window and select all (Ctrl+A) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hold shift and click once in the ruler(s) that contain markers you wish to move along with the audio/midi <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">select Edit>Cut (or Ctrl+X) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">place the cursor at the point you wish to paste everything <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hold shift and click in the appropriate rulers so they become part of your Paste action <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">select Edit>Paste (or Ctrl+V)<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this is the only method i am aware of that will allow you to move the ruler values along with the audio/midi tracks at present.
~matt