PDA

View Full Version : Monday MAY 20th???????????

Bloux
05-20-2002, 03:04 AM
images/icons/mad.gif #*$!

Alvin
05-20-2002, 04:52 AM
I too am waiting with baited breath, but I cannot understand why the anger. The month is not yet over and if Digi actually don't deliver in May it's more likely because they don't believe the product is ready for prime time. I think that it is absolutely right they wait until it is ready. The worst thing they could do is release software, knowing there are bugs.

Let's all keep our cool and wait patently.

Princeton
05-20-2002, 05:23 AM
Unofficial release date: May 31st, 11:59:59 PM

Swaphappy
05-20-2002, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Princeton:
Unofficial release date: May 31st, 11:59:59 PM<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That was my second guess. images/icons/grin.gif

They only made the BETA test announcement on
March 21st so it hasn't even been two months yet.
I'd say probably

Monday, May 20th

or May 31st, 1 second before midnight. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Jayman#9
05-20-2002, 02:07 PM
BTW, i'm still interested about the gains everyone thinks there will be with XP support?

~matt[/QB]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm most excited about running a solid OS. I use 98 for PTLE and XP for Nuendo. I never crash in nuendo. When I'm in the middle of a session using PT and I get the "blue screen of death", I want to throw my computer out the window. It's not cool at all. BTW, PTLE is probably a solid program, I'm bitching about WIN98.

PS, it would be nice to have more tracks.

JFogarty
05-20-2002, 02:12 PM
as to the features, I think it'll be an all encompassing change. Kinda like when peter parker gets bitten by that crazy spider. More tracks, directx plugin support, great abs. images/icons/smile.gif

I don't think they'll add much, honesty.

Jaleo
05-21-2002, 12:39 AM
May 31st?

What year?

mattm
05-21-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Alvin:
I too am waiting with baited breath, but I cannot understand why the anger. The month is not yet over and if Digi actually don't deliver in May it's more likely because they don't believe the product is ready for prime time. I think that it is absolutely right they wait until it is ready. The worst thing they could do is release software, knowing there are bugs.

Let's all keep our cool and wait patently.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">exactly. if there's only one thing that keeps digidesign apart from the 'competition' on the PC home recording front, at has to be the fact that they don't release software until it's ready.

BTW, i'm still interested about the gains everyone thinks there will be with XP support?

~matt