PDA

View Full Version : Waves Plug In recommendation

SKI
05-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Based on usage which is a better choice the
"Native Power Pack" or the "Native Renaissance Collection" ?
The price appears to be very acceptable on either one, I am curious about them both being equally functional.
I do find that the Waves products bundled with the DIGI001 factory bundle to be useful so I would expect either bundle to be a step up.
Appreciate any thoughts an opinions.
Thanks images/icons/wink.gif

Mark_Knecht
05-16-2002, 01:34 PM
Hi,
I don't know what's in each package anymore, but I know Waves makes it very hard to get what I want. Here's my list of plugs I use everyday:

(In case you're not intimately familiar with each one, I'll note hwat they basically do.)

L1+UltraMaximizer - Limiter + gain (or L2 below)
C4 - 4 band compressor
Q4 - Equalizer
Q10 - Equalizer
RVerb - reverb
MaxBass - bass enhancer

Beyond that, I often use the Master's series, but not in a session. They are too CPU intensive to use very many, and their latency is higher so they're difficult to use in session. They sure do sound good though.

I don't record vocals much, so I don't list a De-esser. You might want that.

I guess I'm pretty boring. No groovy Enigma's or Stereo Imagers for me. images/icons/wink.gif

Mark

8string
05-16-2002, 01:50 PM
If you can only get one, I would get the Ren Coll. IMO, they are more useful day-to-day plugs than the NPP.

SKI
05-16-2002, 02:28 PM
Thanks,my reason for wanting the feedback is that the NPP is $299, REN 1 is $199, REN 2 is $179 and GOLD is $999.
As a registered WAVES customer I can get the GOLD for $800 which may actually be the best route to go.
I was trying to get a feel for the value of the various bundles.
I hope to find some local setups that are using the WAVES products so I can see them first hand.

Bastiaan
05-16-2002, 02:33 PM
I just say it again......you can download a functional demo limited only in time from waves.....

elwoodblues
05-16-2002, 03:12 PM
Good topic. this is all new to me.

Is Waves Gold the all in one? or is Platinum the everything in one? I just looked at bayviewproaudio.com and couldn't believe my eyes when a search for Waves yeilded about 30+ results. I understand that some of these are just individual plug-ins but package wise, which one would allow me to EQ direct instruments, mix with some crazy effects, etc. (all the usual) and attempt to Master? Basically a package that can do everything and then some.

thanks

Bastiaan
05-17-2002, 12:59 AM
Get them both!

It depends on your needs. Both do have compressors, limiters and eq's. They work a bit different though. If you can afford it, get the gold-bundle.

You can download a demo from waves and try them out for 14 days.....

GW
05-17-2002, 07:56 AM
If you have to take only one - go REN 1, but you miss out on the C4 and L1 wich togehter with RENEQ really open up your mix... But the wise choice is going Platinum!!! images/icons/wink.gif

The Weed
05-17-2002, 06:14 PM
The Platinum Bundle has just about everything Waves has and it's great, as is their customer service/support, but believe me when I tell you, bring your money 'cause it's not cheap.

Cheers,

STUDIO-DE-ARIEL
05-18-2002, 07:52 AM
And make sure the harddrive you use is good because its a pain to re authorize.
yeah like db or bastian said i forget which the trial is cool some stores have demo disks
and you might find a digi plugin book at a store as well
blessings