PDA

View Full Version : Auto TUne...how the hell?!?!

Jason Calleiro
05-15-2002, 10:10 PM
whats up everyone.. does anyone use autotune? well im sure alot if not most of you do..how hard is it to learn how to use it in graphical mode..im really interested in learning..but seems impossible...any advice is will be appriciated. thank you in advance.

jason

zboy2854
05-16-2002, 06:57 AM
You can learn to use it quite easily just by reading the manual. However, a quick how to in graphical mode goes like this:

In the automatic window set the scale pitches for the ones you want to see on the graph (easiest is just to select Equal tempered Chromatic). Go to the graphical window. Click on the Track Pitch button which now waits for you to play back the signal. Play the section you want to tune. When you press stop, you'll see the pitch data in the graph. You can then use the correction tools to draw in the new pitches, or select a part of the section and click the Make Curve button and use the arrow tool to move the pitches up or down. Just be aware that you have to keep the playback cursor at the same spot in the Pro Tools main edit window for the section you're working on. If you move it, all your pitch correction data in Autotune will be off. Then create a new audio track and record the corrected audio to it.

Mr_Seven
05-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Here's how I use autotune:

1. Make sure to get the best from the singer.
2. Set to automatic mode and set the key.
3. Automate modulations if any.
4. Enable automation for bypass.
5. Set the points where you need it using bypass.

I find this works very well. The graphical mode is tedious and difficult, although not impossible. But I find the automaic mode works well when tammed.

mattm
05-17-2002, 04:18 AM
use grapic mode, if you have to use autotune at all - the results are much better.

i sometimes think we will look back on autotune in ten years time the same way we look back at the bad reverb of the 80's and so on. doesn't stop me using it though...

Bloux
05-17-2002, 04:31 AM
Who makes the autotune and it is an RTAS, right!

GW
05-17-2002, 07:39 AM
You can order it here, but PCRTAS is version 1.1 and you have to ask for it. It's RTAS only witout the Audiosuit.

http://www.antarestech.com/

Renan
05-17-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Bloux:
many thanks GW<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think the best way to use Auto Tune is in the "graphic mode"...

But you have to do it at this way:

1st : Click the "track pitch" buttom

2nd : Click the "preview" buttom

3rd : Click the "make curve" buttom

4th : Click the "make auto" buttom.

At this point, when you click this buttom (make auto), you will realize that it works like the "automatic mode". And after all, you have to see around the graphic what you have to change (or not)...

Please, forgive my english... I´m not sure if I´m clear enough, but I´m trying to help you...

If you want, email me...

Regards,

RENAN PENEDO

Roy Howell
05-17-2002, 11:59 PM
You guys should hear it on a slide solo, played like someone would sing in a certain scale(E Major in this case)...pretty interesting. But, if a singer really needs this plugin to sing on pitch.... well, I don't know...

Voideco
05-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Well, you can do funny things with it, I recently noticed. Just to add some flavour to the song....

Bloux
05-18-2002, 12:35 AM
many thanks GW

Roy Howell
05-18-2002, 01:26 AM
Yeah, it is interesting...