PDA

View Full Version : Excellent, usable Electronic Music

Roy Howell
05-15-2002, 10:10 AM
There have been quite a few sites posted to check out demos of this and that lately, but this one blew me away. Greenroom posted it (in Electronic Music), but you have to dig around a little to find this within it. The company is Spectrasonics, and maybe some of you are already aware of it, but these are great, PT usable sounds. They are expensive, but sound worth it to me.

Check out the 'Main demo':
http://www.spectrasonics.net/symphonyvoices.ht ml (http://www.spectrasonics.net/symphonyvoices.html)

~RH

By the way, thanks greenroom... images/icons/wink.gif

Mark_Knecht
05-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Roy,
SOV is pretty popular with the portion of the GigaSampler crowd that's doing orchestral scoring. I'm surprised that the Spectrasonics site doesn't list GIG format. Maybe those folks that are using it are doing conversions.

My understanding of SOV is that it's all samples. This isn't granular stuff, as far as I know. I also think that the background stuff (music!) you hear in the main demo is not part of the library. Only the voices.

Again, I've never used the product. It is pretty well regarded today as one of the best for these sort of etherial background voices.

You might also check out the Garitan Orchestral Stings - only $1000 for 16 CD or 2 DVDs. images/icons/wink.gif Very good stuff for those so inclined. And so financed!

Mark

greenroom
05-15-2002, 10:49 AM
It was my eternal pleasure Roy images/icons/tongue.gif

Roy Howell
05-15-2002, 11:19 AM
"You might also check out the Garitan Orchestral Stings - only $1000 for 16 CD or 2 DVDs. Very good stuff for those so inclined. And so financed!"

As you know, Mark, money is no object here at Howell Mansion... images/icons/cool.gif

Sabe
05-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Roy H,

Thanks for the URL!

By the way......does the Howell Mansion extend credit to those needy of such etherial voicings images/icons/wink.gif or, possibly a Howell Estate Grant with the "don't worry about it" payback optional plan images/icons/wink.gif

Mark_Knecht
05-15-2002, 02:58 PM
Duhh....don't ask me. I just carry the amps...

Roy Howell
05-16-2002, 12:07 AM
images/icons/grin.gif