PDA

View Full Version : how good are DigiRack plug-ins?

nukmusic
05-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey All!

Docta'j from that Dirty South here.

How good are the plugs that came with Digi-001. I use them a lot because it's all I have.......LOL
images/icons/grin.gif ,
but I wanted to go "WAVES". Or are Digiracks as good as any RTAS plugins. I was also trying to fatten/thicken up the final mixes with plug-ins.

Anyone do any comparing test????

recordingguy
05-15-2002, 09:47 AM
GO waves if you can.

pk_hat
05-15-2002, 09:53 AM
you should look into riding those Waves as soon as you can, it will make a huge difference. However, some of the Digi plugs I found very useful. The 1 and 4 band EQ, the compressor on 'certain' things that require a mild boost (it's no Ren-comp!).

I'll also use D-Verb on things like hi-hats, although sparingly. All of this in the name of conserving CPU power for Waves on the meat and potato tracks.

pk

vocalize
05-15-2002, 11:55 AM
I agree. Waves is where it's at! I also use the Digi Rack plugs. The D verb isn't bad. Try and download different demos to see which plugs best suit your needs.

Enjoy! images/icons/grin.gif

Stone Knife
05-15-2002, 03:19 PM
Mabie I'm doing something wrong with it, but have found the PT Limiter to be utterly useless.
I don't know if that's DigiRack or Calling-All-Cars-rack but what a waste of time on vocals. images/icons/smile.gif
Timecompress-Expand and Pitch Shift have been useful, Signal Generator is cool, the EQ is useful, (I use the 1-Band a lot) Compressor's OK...

da BaSsTaRd!
05-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
Mabie I'm doing something wrong with it, but have found the PT Limiter to be utterly useless...<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">damn straight! my favorite plugin of all time is the digi one band eq. its the swiss army knife of plugins.

executivos
05-15-2002, 05:41 PM
yeah for sure. I'm down for the digi eqs, the expander/gates and the dverb is fine...I always try to save processing. My new fav is the waves L1. I used to be so concerned with saving the dynamics of the song etc. Then I realized for my music I want it to rock, and squashing it really does.

Jorge442
05-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Hi!
Definitely get the Waves stuff. They have the L1 and L2 and you just can´t compare them with the almost useless Digirack limiter. On the other hand, you´ll still find yourself using the digirack stuff, like Eq´s and comps, mainly because the waves plugs are CPU hogs and you´ll have to. (For the record, I do like the 1 band digirack EQ and it´s my sigle most used plug-in)

jorge

Bastiaan
05-15-2002, 10:57 PM
Digirack plugins arent that bad......before you tried waves! images/icons/grin.gif Once you got the demo and played with it....you dont want to go back. I use the digirack compressor, eq and dverb every now and then, but thats because my pc cant handle too many waves plugins. Get the demo-download and have fun....for 14 days...