PDA

View Full Version : Help....Studio Syncing problem

crs117
05-15-2002, 09:04 AM
I am visiting my folks this week and a local church is trying to get their studio off the ground and asked for my help. I am going in today to go actually work on it, yesturday i just went in to look at what i was going to be dealing with, what they actually knew about their setup, and to get the manuals to look at. Anyway i am going in later today to go work setting it up.

We are working with a mackie d8b board with 3 tdif tape cards installed and an apogee low jitter word clock. We are trying to sync up 3 tascam units ( 1 Da-88 a 2 DA-38's) via tdif all synced to the apogee clock. I think i know how to do this, but it sounds like they did this exactly how it was supposed to be done and they where still having problems. They said (again i have not tested it yet) that once every like 30 minutes or so they would get a pop that registered on half of the inputs. I would think with a clocking problem, at least in my experience, you get an almost constant popping noise. Anyway, anybody that has any experience working with this type of equipment please help. I am going to see what happens when after i work on it today, but if i have any problems i will be coming back here for some answers.

Thanks

Christian

crs117
05-16-2002, 11:31 AM
I find it hard to beleive that nobody has had any experience syncing 3 tascam units to an external word clock. Anybody have any ideas or answers.

The only thing i could think of is that the three units need to be synced to the external clock while formatting the tapes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christian

B.Ray
05-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by crs117:
I find it hard to beleive that nobody has had any experience syncing 3 tascam units to an external word clock. Anybody have any ideas or answers. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">May I suggest you try asking this question at: TASCAM Online Forums. (http://209.216.16.19/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi)
Also check out: Music Player Expert Forums. (http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi) There's a fellow who goes by the handle 'tascam guy' that frequents Craig Anderton's forum...I think he's a real TASCAM rep. Isn't that true Phil?