PDA

View Full Version : Yes, MORE ON NUENDO...sorry..

Jason Calleiro
05-14-2002, 08:53 PM
whats up everyone..ive been reading all the talk about nuendo so i decided to try it out for myself..i must say it looks cool...to much maybe though...i own a digi001 and i want to try tracking and editing in protools and then mixing in nuendo...what is the best way to get my tracks into nuendo. thanks in advance
images/icons/confused.gif

Jayman#9
05-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Turn each of your edited track files into one long file by "consolidating" them (under your "file" menu). Import them into Nuendo, slam all the tracks to the left, and they should all sync up images/icons/smile.gif

Swaphappy
05-15-2002, 06:20 AM
I tried Nuendo myself the other day and I found it very easy to use.
One thing that caught my eye was the tooltips.
When the mouse cusor is over a button or object a
pop-up message says what the function does.
I was able to learn quickly where the major features where.
Haven't seen any tooltips in PTLE and that is a common windows thing that most programs have.

The Weed
05-15-2002, 07:21 AM
I've read a couple of posts where people want to track and edit in PT and then mix in Nuendo. Given that Nunedo is 32 point float processing and now with v1.6 24/192 capable, wouldn't it be better to also track and edit in Nuendo if you had the program and a soundcard 24/96 - or even better - 24/192 capable? Wouldn't the audio's quality be better?

Cheers,

Jayman#9
05-15-2002, 11:56 AM
I have 24/96 on my RME card. Ya, you can hear a difference, but I still use 24/44.1. I think the Digi001 sounds great. I bet there will be a day when producers will say, "I don't like 32/384Khz just doesn't sound as good as the vintage sound of a 24/44.1 soundcard." images/icons/wink.gif